MS integration, syncing users without syncing mobile number

richiewhite

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Jun 19, 2019
Messages
81
Reaction score
88
Hi team, I'm not a Microsoft guy so hopefully someone has run into this before.

I have a client who is wanting to get their entire organisation using SSO, but they have issues with the mobile number syncing. On the Microsoft side their users have their actual mobile numbers entered, and it's used for signature generation and the like. Because of the cost from their SIP trunk provider of calls being forwarded to mobile numbers however they have received local numbers from their mobile carrier, and enter that in the mobile field for each user so that forward to mobile goes to the local number associated with the mobile.

Does anyone know if there's a way to avoid syncing mobile numbers in this case? The only other thing I can think of is to put the actual mobile numbers into another field on AD and use that for signature generation, and put the local numbers they're wanting in 3CX in the mobile field.
 
Regarding your question: when sync is enabled, it uses the mobile number associated with the user's M365 account. There is no way to disable just the mobile number field from being synced, I'm afraid.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,960
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us