Or you could prefix personal calls with something and specify the routing on your outbound to use your personal DDIIn our small office, we want to be able to make private calls and business calls. We have set this up with some manual steps, and as said by Vailis, it is not supported.
Nevertheless, here is how I did it, and any comments on how to do this better is appreciated.
1) Our SIP trunks support passing the caller ID
2) The outbound caller ID is configured on the extension
3) For each phone two extensions are configured, one for business and one for private calls
4) Phones are provisioned to one of the extensions.
5) We use Yealink phones. In the UI, I manually configured the second account and registered it to the second private extension.
6) In the DSS section in the Phone UI, I configured two keys with Type Line, a label and Line1 for the business calls and Line2 for the private calls
7) Under Features, Other, Default account, select the account to be used by default
Strictly speaking the first key is not necessary, because when I dial it uses the Line1 business extension. When pressing the second key for Line2, and then dialing a number, it uses the second extension making a private call.
So far so good. There is a snag, because if you reprovision the phone the custom key is lost. It is possible to protect the personalized configuration with a custom template, in which you set
auto_provision.custom.protect = 1
Yes, that is easier. But we want to use a button, and I did not find how to use 3 digits under a button without starting to dial.Or you could prefix personal calls with something and specify the routing on your outbound to use your personal DDI
Founded in 2005, when VoIP was an emerging technology, 3CX has gone on to establish itself as a global leader in business communications.