No Notification or Ring of Incoming Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard_3_CX23

New User
Joined
Jun 13, 2023
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Hello,

We are using Andriod phones version 12. 3CX App version 18.1.3.135. We are unable to get notification of calls. We tried with DID and dialing extension directly and we have the same behavior.
We have tried within our network and our carrier TMobile with the same results. We do get missed calls on the App. We are self hosted on AWS with version 18.0.7.312. We enabled 3CX notifications on the phones with full permissions. Optimization is disabled on the phones. Even with the App open we still don't get rings or notifications.

I am including troubleshooting log.

I would appreciate if you can give us some direction on how to solve this problem.

Thank you,

Richard
 

Attachments

I see that the license is up to 05.07.2023. it's still active.
I think it's in US format - i.e. May 7th, not July 5th.
 
Is rather odd the dashboard screen shows activation failed, but when you drill down on the license page it's says the license is active

1686775751247.png

License Status
1686775700469.png
 

Attachments

  • 1686775662009.png
    1686775662009.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 3
Hi OlegR_3CX.. Is paying for support the only way to open a ticket?

Thank you,

Richard
Yes, you will need to pay in order to pay and open the ticket, and it can be done from your portal where the license key is.
 
What does your 3CX customer portal page say the status of your license is. This is the source of truth.

https://customer.3cx.com/

If that says it's expired you need to renew it. If it doesn't, I would take a 3CX backup and re-deploy - takes 15 minutes and everything is preserved.

Once 3CX MC says that license is OK, only then would I start to troubleshoot the push issue.
 
What does your 3CX customer portal page say the status of your license is. This is the source of truth.

https://customer.3cx.com/

If that says it's expired you need to renew it. If it doesn't, I would take a 3CX backup and re-deploy - takes 15 minutes and everything is preserved.

Once 3CX MC says that license is OK, only then would I start to troubleshoot the push issue.
I have a free license. Do you know how to renew a free license? I am not very familiar with 3CX, when you ask to re-deploy. Do you mean to deploy to clean/new server installation, install a new installation of 3CX and the restore the old 3CX config from backup?

Thank you,

Richard
 
I have a free license. Do you know how to renew a free license? I am not very familiar with 3CX, when you ask to re-deploy. Do you mean to deploy to clean/new server installation, install a new installation of 3CX and the restore the old 3CX config from backup?

Thank you,

Richard
This is where the specifics of your FREE license start to get important. FREE has changed so many times in the past 6 years that I don't know if it can be renewed.

When did you first start using this license? If it was after Jan 2023, it's not a free forever license - see more here: https://www.3cx.com/blog/news/4sc-free-subscription/
1686798995590.png

Installed it before then? In that case it's likely something 3CX will need to fix on their backend for you.
Also: https://www.3cx.com/blog/news/free-subscription-offers/
1686799209318.png


And yes, for re-deploy that's exactly what I meant. But don't even start that until your customer portal says the license is valid.
 
This is where the specifics of your FREE license start to get important. FREE has changed so many times in the past 6 years that I don't know if it can be renewed.

When did you first start using this license? If it was after Jan 2023, it's not a free forever license - see more here: https://www.3cx.com/blog/news/4sc-free-subscription/
View attachment 35972

Installed it before then? In that case it's likely something 3CX will need to fix on their backend for you.
Also: https://www.3cx.com/blog/news/free-subscription-offers/
View attachment 35973


And yes, for re-deploy that's exactly what I meant. But don't even start that until your customer portal says the license is valid.
Thank you for your diligence in investigating the issue with the license. I did get my free subscription in March 2023. The issue here is that 3CX advertises on their website that self managed is a free forever subscription... If that has changed, they should change their content to reflect the change. It's deceiving advertising. Your time, my time and others is wasted troubleshooting something that is not technical and rather an administrative issue. 3CX needs to fix this.

Thanks very much for you efforts in helping with this issue.

1686841732866.png
 
Thank you for your diligence in investigating the issue with the license. I did get my free subscription in March 2023. The issue here is that 3CX advertises on their website that self managed is a free forever subscription... If that has changed, they should change their content to reflect the change. It's deceiving advertising. Your time, my time and others is wasted troubleshooting something that is not technical and rather an administrative issue. 3CX needs to fix this.

Thanks very much for you efforts in helping with this issue.

View attachment 35984
The Free Forever offering is for Startup, not dedicated. I can see how the self-managed part of your screenshot is confusing - maybe 3CX can fix that.

You can see the differences here: https://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/ Notice how the self managed section doesn't have a free option: 1686844973105.png
 
The Free Forever offering is for Startup, not dedicated. I can see how the self-managed part of your screenshot is confusing - maybe 3CX can fix that.

You can see the differences here: https://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/
Thanks for your reply...I have a startup free subscription... What's the difference between startup free and dedicated?
 
Thanks for your reply...I have a startup free subscription... What's the difference between startup free and dedicated?
Startup is only available as a 3CX Hosted offering so it's impossible for you to be hosted in AWS (like the opening post) and be using Startup.
 
I communicated with 3CX directly and they clarified my confusion. I let them know that the language on the site is confusing.
I will tryout a free StartUP subscription Self-managed hosted by 3CX .

Thanks very much for your help.

Richard
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,958
Members
165,166
Latest member
cvanderzwan