Office 365 - User Sync - Extension Number Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

pact

Gold Partner
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Messages
301
Reaction score
83
Hi,

How do we specify which Extension numbers get created when synchronizing Office 365 Users?

As it starts at 000 this is the Police/Fire/Emergency number for Australia so this is an illegal number to reproduce!

We need the ability to, at minimum, exclude certain extension numbers, but better would be allowing us to specify where it starts (or possibly use a field in Active Directory to specify their extension number.

Any tips? As right now it cannot be used in Australia at all.
 
I just started experimenting with O365 Integration and saw what you are referring to - starting the extension numbering at 000 which I would say does not seem desirable.
I did observe that if you create an extension and populate it with a good email address you can assign whatever extension number you want and it will then sync contacts, calendar and such. I know, it kills the step of having the pbx bring the email addresses and names across.
Probably an area that could use some enhancement.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.