One Salesforce Org, two 3cx Phone Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmmd

Customer
Joined
Mar 2, 2021
Messages
23
Reaction score
5
We have one Salesforce org that is used in two locations. Each location has its own 3cx on premise server. Can I setup two 3cx systems on one Salesforce org? Both locations are on 18.0 Update 8.
 
Yes, it's simple two different apps in Salesforce but using the same config, just two different PBXs.
 
Okay, just didn't want to break anything by pasting the same consumer key and secret on two 3cx instances. Guessing I'll include two URL's on the Callback field in Salesforce. THanks for reply.
 
Okay, just didn't want to break anything by pasting the same consumer key and secret on two 3cx instances. Guessing I'll include two URL's on the Callback field in Salesforce. THanks for reply.
No, you'll want to create two different apps in Salesforce, each with different consumer key/secret.

Do not use the same for both, it will break it.
 
Yeah, it works. Thanks for your help.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
DO you know the correct inbound Caller ID formatting? I keep seeing +15556661212 and need to remove the +1
 
Usually, you need to have your phone numbers in the CRM in the same format as your provider sends them.

However, if you're stuck with 10-digits in Salesforce, you can go to Console > Advanced > Contacts > Options, and set this as follows:
1695843209157.png

This way, it only uses the last 10-digits of the number when doing the CRM lookup.

Reformatting shouldn't be needed here usually.
 
  • Like
Reactions: edossantos
I need to strip off the "+1" from the inbound Caller ID or I'm not able to get a match. Tried the suggestion but no luck
 
If you set it to 10-digits in the option I showed, it should strip the +1 from the lookup. The Caller ID shown in the Webclient/App doesn't matter for this.

If you really want the CID to be changed, use this:
1695844764109.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: edossantos
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,960
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us