• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved Polycom VVX411 Distinctive Ring Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomuser

Free User
Joined
Dec 17, 2020
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
I have two polycom VVX411 phones on a system with 3 sip trunks.

I’m of the assumption that these phones wouldn’t be able to recognise which trunk a external call comes from to have a different ring for each trunk, but there’s no differentiation between a internal or external call for ringtone.

I’ve read about the alertinfo header as been the method of the phones knowing if it’s an external call, but on a wire shark trace there doesn’t appear that the alertinfo header is been sent from the PBX to the phone.

Is there something I’m missing here in how the PBX deals with alertinfo headers?
 
Hi @telecomuser,

Currently the Polycom does not support distinctive ringtones.
 
@VasilisV_3CX Thanks for that, I did find that for a external call that 3CX does actually send a info=“external” to the phone in alertinfo. So on that basis I suspected as you said that Polycom phones don’t recognise that even though there is a section in the default provisioning template for different ringtones for external, internal, queue,

This an extract from my customised template for the polycom VVX411 :-

<voIpProt>
<voIpProt.SIP
voIpProt.SIP.allowTransferOnProceeding="0"
voIpProt.SIP.use486forReject="1"
voIpProt.SIP.useRFC3264HoldOnly="1"
voIpProt.SIP.rport="1"
voIpProt.SIP.specialEvent.checkSync.alwaysReboot="1"
voIpProt.SIP.releaseOnSipFrag100Trying.enable="1">
<voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation
voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.method="source"
voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.request="INVITE">
</voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation>
<voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.ignoreString="HTTP://www.notused.invalidtld"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="custom1"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="auto-answer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class="custom2"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.value="queue"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.class="custom3"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.value="ivr"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.4.class="custom4"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.4.value="external”>
</voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo>
<voIpProt.SIP.intercom
voIpProt.SIP.intercom.alertInfo=" ">
</voIpProt.SIP.intercom>
{IF network=REMOTESTUN}
<voIpProt.SIP.local voIpProt.SIP.local.port="%%phonesipport%%">
</voIpProt.SIP.local>
{ELSE}
<voIpProt.SIP.local voI
pProt.SIP.local.port="0">
</voIpProt.SIP.local>
{ENDIF}

</voIpProt.SIP>
</voIpProt>
<sampled_audio saf.1="%%PROVLINKLOCAL%%/tones/VVX1.wav" saf.2="%%PROVLINKLOCAL%%/tones/VVX1.wav" saf.3="%%PROVLINKLOCAL%%/tones/VVX2.wav" saf.4="%%PROVLINKLOCAL%%/tones/VVX4.wav" saf.5="%%PROVLINKLOCAL%%/tones/VVX7.wav"/>
<se>
<se.rt>
<se.rt.custom1 se.rt.custom1.name="3CX Auto Answer" se.rt.custom1.timeout="500" se.rt.custom1.ringer="ringer10" se.rt.custom1.type="ring-answer" />
<se.rt.custom2 se.rt.custom2.name="queue" se.rt.custom2.ringer="ringer10"/>
<se.rt.custom3 se.rt.custom3.name="ivr" se.rt.custom3.ringer="ringer11"/>
<se.rt.custom4 se.rt.custom4.name="external" se.rt.custom4.ringer="ringer17"/>

</se.rt>
 
I have solved this issue now. After downloading the config that the VVX411 phone received from the provisioning server the voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo section had the following :-

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="custom1"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class="custom2"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.class="custom3"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.4.class="custom4"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="auto-answer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.value="queue"

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.value="ivr"

The template on 3CX had the following :-

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="custom1"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="auto-answer"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class="custom2"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.value="queue"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.class="custom3"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.value="ivr"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.4.class="custom4"

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.4.value="external”

For some reason voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.4.value="external” doesn't appear to be in the configuration on the phone once provisioned.

I changed voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.value="ivr” to voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.value="external” and now there is a distinct ringtone for internal calls and a different distinct ringtone for external calls.

Not sure why the voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.4.value="external” didn't get passed over to the phone but the issue is now solved
 
Well done @telecomuser! Thanks for posting your solution as an update.
 
Thank you, I’m one for persevering, it was just by chance I spotted the problem and a solution. Can this be marked as solved?
 
  • Like
Reactions: VasilisV_3CX
Will do, thank you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us