Presence Sync Teams to 3cx fails during working hours

Martin_Thomas_HPA

Premier Customer
Advanced Certified
Joined
Aug 27, 2019
Messages
83
Reaction score
16
Hello,
When many users are logged in, we have the problem that the Presence sync from Teams to 3cx fails. I found the following in the log:
----------
2025/08/28 07:50:07.705|0019|Warn| [_3CX.Integration.Presence.Microsoft365PresenceSubscribeJob] Subscribe job failed: Too many requests from Identifier:b4c............e86 under category:throttle.aad.ags.subscriptionservice.app.list. Please try again later.
-----------
Is there a solution to this problem? I suspect and hope that the limit can be set somewhere in the Microsoft admin portal. We have well over 1,000 users. 3cx must be running a lot of parallel subscriptions...
 
Hello, have you found a solution to your problem? We’re facing a similar issue — the status can only be synchronized from 3CX to Teams, but not the other way around.
 
Hi @saba02 ,

I have sent you a direct message.
 
Hi, it feels like things have improved since U7. However, the problem still occurs occasionally. The last time it happened was a few days ago, so I restarted the system service. After a while, it worked again. Additionally, we sometimes have users whose status doesn't transfer from Teams to 3CX at all. The other direction works fine, though. I'm still investigating that...
 
If you can generate logs when this is happening (as per the info in DM), that will be useful for tracking it down.
 
Good morning, did you receive the logs from Martin_Thomas_HPA, and were you able to find anything based on them? The support colleague from 3CX is referring us to Microsoft. I have already opened a ticket there as well. Microsoft says that, according to 3CX, it is not supported for the Teams status to be transferred to 3CX. However, many other customers of our service provider use this function in exactly the same way, so we're currently going in circles.