• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved Provisioning method with sbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray gershon

Free User
Joined
May 14, 2021
Messages
15
Reaction score
1
I am using 3cx via aws lightsail. I installed the sbc on a raspberry pi and put it on the same lan as the phone I am trying to provision (an avaya 9608g). ( I know I have to do a lot of the provisioning set up manually) When I tried to add the phone and change the provisioning method I didnt get a drop down for the sbc. Is there an additional step that allows me to choose the sbc? I am on the free standard license. (I had uploaded the appropriate firmware, logo, and avaya template previously but that didn't change what I could do. I deleted and reinstalled the instance in lightsail so I am starting from scratch again).
 
The specific device you are trying to provision is not supported for use remotely and can only be provisioned locally, where the PBX and the phone are on the same LAN.

https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/avaya-ip-phone-provisioning/
  • Can be provisioned only as local extensions without support for STUN or SBC.
 
@ray gershon
Bear in mind that you can find a full list of all supported devices and exactly what is supported for each one here: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/

Please feel free to post anew thread should you require additional assistance or information.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us