Send CDR records to SharePoint List

Status
Not open for further replies.

acs4

Free User
Joined
Sep 20, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
I love the M365 integration so far, including the ability to save call recordings and backups to SharePoint Online, however I wanted to get the Call Data Records into a SharePoint Online List. That's not currently supported, so I've written my own. It's open source up on github so knock yourselves out. Setup is admittedly a bit of a pain but I have provided detailed instructions in the README.md

Get it here:

https://github.com/ACS-Solutions/CDR-Relay

Let me know if it helps you :) .

Alasdair.
 
This is a great share.

However, you should post this in the appropriate category.
https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/marketplace/

Additionally, you should adapt your instructions to run on a separate server from 3CX, as 3CX policy states that nothing should be installed on the 3CX server.
You simply need to direct the 3CX CDR to another machine instead of 127.0.0.1. Installing the .NET SDK, self-signed certificates, and Git introduces significant risk, as these dependencies might also be used by 3CX and could potentially cause issues with 3CX in the future.

It's not that your solution isn't reliable, but the fact that it uses dependencies that 3CX might also rely on could lead to updates with versions not tested by 3CX.

Potentially causing disasters during a future update. (Image taken from another discussion thread about issues following a 3CX update.)
1722587958741.png


Companies like @VoIPTools that offer to install an application on the server do so with a full understanding of 3CX engineering and dev their applications to be as minimalistic as possible with the fewest dependencies. They build their solutions as relays to exchange information with another server, ensuring they are as non-intrusive as possible, and they test and adapt their applications with every 3CX version, even minor updates.

I’m sharing this because I genuinely appreciate your initiative—we need more people like you, and it’s refreshing to see. Consider this advice to help you gain the support of 3CX partners for your much-appreciated efforts.

I like to reference VoipTools because it’s a company that has proven itself and serves as an excellent model for engineering practices.

I’m not suggesting you copy VoipTools’ solutions, lol, but I say that their integration is built in a smart and thoughtful way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.