Slow call transfers to 3cx extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyG

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
30
Reaction score
8
We have observed an issue where call transfers are very slow from Teams -> 3cx extension.

Call flow as per below:
External incoming call
Answer call using Teams
Transfer to internal extension number (i.e 203) from within Teams
Teams show as transferring
After 20-30 seconds the 3cx extension will then ring and the call can be answered

This is on blind transfers, not attended.

Is there a known fix for this?
 
Could you tell me what exact build of 3CX you are currently running?
Check this from the Dashboard on the right.

As much as I have tried to replicate this, I cannot, so it seems to be something that affects only certain users for some reason.
 
Our build is 18.0 Update 1 Build 214. This happened on the General Release v18 build too.
 
We are already on Update 1 (18.0.1.214)

I have however just noticed we can upgrade to build 18.0.1.226 (Update 1 BETA 2).

Sorry, should probably add, we are running on linux
 
The update is still propagating the download servers globally, so you may not see it yet.
It may take a few hours, but the final release of V18 Update 1 will be version 18.0.1.234.
 
Thanks for confirming. Will keep an eye out for this build and do some further testing
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
@NickD_3CX , the transfer issue is fixed in the latest update. But, it has created a new issue where not every queue call is coming through to teams. It has only happened twice so will continue to monitor for now.
 
Last edited:
That's excellent news @BennyG !

OK, by the time the initial issue mentioned here seems to have been solved in V18 Update 1 (18.0.1.234), I will set this thread as 'Solved'.

Monitor the other one you mentioned , and if you do see a pattern, open a new thread so we can look into it.
 
@NickD_3CX unfortunately it appears to be random, but the slow call transfers are still happening I'm afraid.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
OK, so if I am getting this correctly, the issue is intermittent?
It didn't happen once you first upgraded, but started afterwards?

Also, are you testing this yourself, or do you have a customer that is relaying this information?
 
I am testing this myself on our own system (we figured its not quite ready for prime time yet).

The first test after the update worked fine but after then it has been slow again.
 
I am testing this myself on our own system (we figured its not quite ready for prime time yet).

The first test after the update worked fine but after then it has been slow again.
I'll send you a PM shortly.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BennyG
Status
Not open for further replies.