Some calls not coming through to teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyG

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Feb 25, 2019
Messages
30
Reaction score
8
@NickD_3CX I know I mentioned this one to you before, but occasionally incoming queue calls don't come through to the teams desktop client. But they do come through to the teams mobile app (iPhone) and the normal desk handset also rings.

I have tried to create a pattern for this but there doesn't seem to be one and it is completely random. (Though this could be related to the other bug when signed in on multiple teams clients)
 
Hi!

I believe so the 2 might be related as well, that is why I did not bring it up.
You could try and confirm it though, if you can live without Teams logged into your Mobile App for 1-2 days (the same that triggered the other issue), does it still happen?

[EDIT]
To make it clear, your Teams User must be logged into only one device, and that one device be the Teams Desktop Client.
Teams Mobile app, Teams WebClient on any device must not be logged in with this User to test this theory.
 
@NickD_3CX I will give this a go next week for you. I will sign out of teams on my mobile whilst I am in the office taking calls etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
I like to mention that I strongly discourage using the Teams client to answer/handle queue calls as an agent.
3CX Queues operate in a fast invite/cancel manner, which due to the speed of the Teams client might be lost.
Sorry, but the client in the calling performance is not the fastest...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
I like to mention that I strongly discourage using the Teams client to answer/handle queue calls as an agent.
3CX Queues operate in a fast invite/cancel manner, which due to the speed of the Teams client might be lost.
Sorry, but the client in the calling performance is not the fastest...
Ok thanks for letting us know. It does kind of make the integration into teams a little bit pointless if someone uses queue calls.
 
Given the price tag of 8$ per agent to obtain the Teams Phone System add-on, I don't see this been economical for inbound call handling employees (call centre/reception/etc). 3CX offers here a better call/service experience for "free".

For senior management, on the other hand, to have the complete 360 integration in Teams makes sense and commonly those users are not found in the call queues. Personally, I run it in a tandem mode and chat with Teams and manage all my calls in 3CX even I push my calls to my Teams client.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
It depends which way you look at it. 365 E5 plan includes the phone system license already (for 300+ users).
 
Does not change much as I doubt even more that an E5 plan will be assigned to frontline works.
Yes, the Phone System is here included which should be at a 55€ plan. But this discussion does now not lead to anything. May there are companies how to like to do E5s for all, and that's fine and but does not change the fact that if you like good management of call centre/queue workers, please use 3CX for this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.