- Joined
- Oct 5, 2021
- Messages
- 3
- Reaction score
- 0
Hi All, hopefully the correct place.
I think I've found a small issue.
I setup a new system (v18 Pro licence on Linux with 3CX iso) and integrated with Microsoft 365. It's connected fine, but I'm not syncing users (ie, automatic assignment of ext # etc) but will use calendar and contact sync. Also not integrating with Teams, so didn't put it there. Not the first 3CX instance we've built in this way.
Pre going live, with the original 100 extension, I put a user's details in, including their real 365 email address, sent the welcome, all worked (lets say [email protected]). This allowed them to see what they were moving to (our client's appointed manager in charge of the migration, providing DDIs, flow requirements etc). Leave it overnight, and the "Synced with" field populates with Microsoft 365, which means a, the integration is working, b, it's found a match. Real time info inside Microsoft 365 integration fails (yellow error at top) but I'm reasonably certain this is us locking down access through geo-restriction. Overnight is good enough.
Later on, I put their details (first and last name, their email address) into a new extension, when all the extensions were added in. Week or two later, the "Synced with" field has never populated. The old extension happened to be changed to someone else as per the list provided (lets say [email protected]). "Synced with" on ext 100 stays populated - but I suspect this is due to the original email address - I'll explain this part.
To try troubleshooting this, I turned on User Sync inside Microsoft 365 Integration. Very shortly I got all the AD objects I didn't want, and it started as soon as it found the first available extension after 100 and populated 20 odd more than required. No problem, I can delete them.
However, several extensions including the original 100, had now matched up again to the original information entered into the extension. So, ext 100 changes to [email protected] instead of [email protected]. I have half a dozen ext for things like sales/accounts with generic [email protected] addresses for forwarding voicemails to. They were shuffled during setup (so accounts went from extension 104 to 103 for eg), and sure enough, they reverted to their original information.
The primary question for the thread is, if the Synced with doesn't populate, is there a way to force it, or do you need to delete the extension and re-create it to get it to match again? We're going to run into this shortly with staff leaving, and re-using the extension for a replacement person (keeps DDI etc)
Secondary question is, what's going on with original information in extension still being in the background?
I think I've found a small issue.
I setup a new system (v18 Pro licence on Linux with 3CX iso) and integrated with Microsoft 365. It's connected fine, but I'm not syncing users (ie, automatic assignment of ext # etc) but will use calendar and contact sync. Also not integrating with Teams, so didn't put it there. Not the first 3CX instance we've built in this way.
Pre going live, with the original 100 extension, I put a user's details in, including their real 365 email address, sent the welcome, all worked (lets say [email protected]). This allowed them to see what they were moving to (our client's appointed manager in charge of the migration, providing DDIs, flow requirements etc). Leave it overnight, and the "Synced with" field populates with Microsoft 365, which means a, the integration is working, b, it's found a match. Real time info inside Microsoft 365 integration fails (yellow error at top) but I'm reasonably certain this is us locking down access through geo-restriction. Overnight is good enough.
Later on, I put their details (first and last name, their email address) into a new extension, when all the extensions were added in. Week or two later, the "Synced with" field has never populated. The old extension happened to be changed to someone else as per the list provided (lets say [email protected]). "Synced with" on ext 100 stays populated - but I suspect this is due to the original email address - I'll explain this part.
To try troubleshooting this, I turned on User Sync inside Microsoft 365 Integration. Very shortly I got all the AD objects I didn't want, and it started as soon as it found the first available extension after 100 and populated 20 odd more than required. No problem, I can delete them.
However, several extensions including the original 100, had now matched up again to the original information entered into the extension. So, ext 100 changes to [email protected] instead of [email protected]. I have half a dozen ext for things like sales/accounts with generic [email protected] addresses for forwarding voicemails to. They were shuffled during setup (so accounts went from extension 104 to 103 for eg), and sure enough, they reverted to their original information.
The primary question for the thread is, if the Synced with doesn't populate, is there a way to force it, or do you need to delete the extension and re-create it to get it to match again? We're going to run into this shortly with staff leaving, and re-using the extension for a replacement person (keeps DDI etc)
Secondary question is, what's going on with original information in extension still being in the background?
Last edited: