UK Recommendation for overflow outbound calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Cramman

Premier Customer
Joined
Jul 9, 2018
Messages
697
Reaction score
166
Hi,

Does anyone have a UK recommendation for a SIP provider for overflow outbound calling (i.e. isn't going to see large volumes of outbound calls and will only operate during surge periods)?

We do have a decent provider but I would quite like to use the opportunity to use another to add in some resilience.

I did experiment with Amazon Chime but there's no option for witholding CID or providing CID flexibility so our calls would appear to be coming from a USA number (therefore no good for us, despite being cheap and otherwise working surprisingly well!).
 
voipfone.co.uk is good for an as and when sip trunk and its unlimited - it can also be PAYG.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lee Cramman
voipfone.co.uk is good for an as and when sip trunk and its unlimited - it can also be PAYG.
Do you know if they can handle CID/CLI flexibility? I need to present one of three main numbers even though they wouldn't be ported in (as this is effewcgtively a backup service) - I can't see anything about this in the voipfone documentation.

Witholding CID/CLI isn't an option as, in the UK, we have quite a high number of people who bar calls from anonymous numbers.
 
Yeah I believe so, think they charge like but you'd need to ask support.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lee Cramman
Yeah I believe so, think they charge like but you'd need to ask support.
Will do - just didn't want to go to the trouble if it wasn't supported.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon