Solved Unlink Microsoft 365 user

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbland

Forum User
Basic Certified
Joined
May 11, 2020
Messages
26
Reaction score
13
After upgrading to V18, we configured and enabled Azure SSO sign-in to webclient, and it works great! I'm seeing a lot more of my users using it now that there's a button on their SSO portal that doesn't require additional credentials.

One user (my own..) had my email address tied to more than one extension. When I signed in with SSO, it linked that extension with my Microsoft account. I've seen elsewhere on the forums where a workaround to unlink was to delete the extension and rebuild it. Problem is in my scenario, that's the operator extension and I don't think I should be deleting that one.

Is there a way to unlink an extension from a Microsoft user account? Luckily, this only affects me and I can sign into the webclient through my normal creds. I'd still like to get it fixed though, and reap the benefits of that sweet SSO passthrough.
 
Hi!

First of all, make sure that your email does not exist on any other extension in 3CX Users list.

Then, go to Settings --> Microsoft 365, in the User Sync tab, remove the email (it won't delete the extension) and do the same in the Sign In tab, then press OK.

The go back in and add the user that should be able to log on.

After this, check if the same happens.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jbland
Hi Nick, thanks for the reply.

We do not user User Sync, so nothing to change there.

For the Sign-In section, we have User Sign In set to All Users. I changed it to 'All users except these' and added my email to that list. It now won't let me log on with my email address as expected. Synced With Microsoft 365 still appears under the operator extension in the list. Swapping that setting back to 'All Users' and using SSO to sign in again, still leads to the Operator's webclient.
 
I just noticed in the Users-->Groups section there is a new group, Azure AD. The operator extension was there, my extension was not. I removed Operator from that group and added my extension. No change, unfortunately.
 
Hi, just to be clear, your extension and the Operator extension no longer have the same email configured there right?
Does the operator need to log in with some other O365 email?
 
  • Like
Reactions: jbland
Yes, I changed the operator extension to have a unique email address as soon as I noticed the problem a few weeks ago.

The Operator does not need to log in at all, ever. We only have that extension because it is required, and because various scenarios end up sending calls there by default-- so we have rules in place to route all calls to the operator back to our main number.
 
I'll send you a PM.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jbland
Resolved, thank you Nick and 3CX!
 
  • Like
Reactions: NickD_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.