• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Solved Updating firmware/provisioning behind SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Murtagh

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
23
Reaction score
6
The system.
V18.0 Update 2 (Build 314) Hosted in AWS Lightsail
Debian SBC version 18.0.30
Yealink T54W with firmware version 96.86.0.23 (brand new out of the box)

I have set up a new system with an SBC. When I add a phone to the local network it shows up in the phone list and I can assign it to an extension and it provisions perfectly. Did this with a handful of phones all working with no problems.
When I try to update the BLF's, speed dials, etc. or push a firmware update to the handsets nothing happens. No blinking lights, nothing changes. Also restarted the phones after pushing the update but still nothing. Logged into the phone web gui and tried to update the config with the 'Auto Provision Now' button. Nothing happens. If I download the config and update it directly that works fine.

Things I have tried.
Reset the phone and try again -> nothing
Ran the Firewall test -> perfect

I have the same setup at various other sites with no issues. Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
Have you allow 3cx https port outbound from the sbc network, also you need to allow 3cx https port inbound on the firewall protecting the 3cx server

Update the phone to 96.86.0.45 - https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/

Check 3cx blacklist
 
This is what I am trying to do...

Check 3cx blacklist

Black list is empty as the phones are all registered and working fine.

Have you allow 3cx https port outbound from the sbc network, also you need to allow 3cx https port inbound on the firewall protecting the 3cx server

All outbound ports from the local network are open (no restrictions) and the port into the server is also open.
 
Implemented the rest of the system and replaced the router/modem and the issue resolved itself.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us