Using Chat integration with Salesforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

navarac

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Hello, I've gotten the integration with Salesforce working and call details are being recorded in Salesforce and the client record is being opened when the phone rings. I am wondering if someone could explain how Chat journaling works. I have it enabled and have sent SMS messages to an existing contact in Salesforce but those details are not being recorded in Salesforce. Perhaps I am just not understanding how this feature is supposed to work. Thanks in advance.
 
Hello, I've gotten the integration with Salesforce working and call details are being recorded in Salesforce and the client record is being opened when the phone rings. I am wondering if someone could explain how Chat journaling works. I have it enabled and have sent SMS messages to an existing contact in Salesforce but those details are not being recorded in Salesforce. Perhaps I am just not understanding how this feature is supposed to work. Thanks in advance.
It will log once you mark the chat as "Dealth With" since it sends it all at once. (Or when the chat auto-closes.)
 
  • Like
Reactions: edossantos
I was excited to read your response and went in and "dealt with" the chats but unfortunately they are still not being logged. Is there somewhere I can go to check logs? Also, when I look in the documentation I see a lot of variables that are mentioned but no info on how they are used. Do you have any insight on this too?
 
I was excited to read your response and went in and "dealt with" the chats but unfortunately they are still not being logged. Is there somewhere I can go to check logs? Also, when I look in the documentation I see a lot of variables that are mentioned but no info on how they are used. Do you have any insight on this too?
If you're using the default Salesforce config (you must have updated it to have the Chat journaling feature), by default it should work.

To check if it works correctly, put the system in Verbose (Dashboard > Activity Log > Settings) then make a few test chats. After that, go to Activity Log > Logs > Instance, download the 3CXSystemService.log file, open it and search for "CRM". You will see requests and responses from the CRM API.
 
Great tip... thanks. Now I see that 3CX is working correctly but Salesforce is returning a No Matches Found message. Now I need to figure out why a call from this number is logged correctly but a chat to/from does not.
 
Great tip... thanks. Now I see that 3CX is working correctly but Salesforce is returning a No Matches Found message. Now I need to figure out why a call from this number is logged correctly but a chat to/from does not.
In which API call are you getting no matches? Maybe you didn't assign the extension number of your agents in Salesforce? This is required, so 3CX can map the extension number to a Salesforce user.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
I actually do have the extension in Salesforce - I think this is why the calls are being recorded. When looking through the log I see a line that starts with "Performing POST request to ..." which is followed right away by "
The response is: '{"id":"00T3t00008JivGbEAJ","success":true,"errors":[]}'
2021/09/17 11:35:09.523|19964|0025|Verb|No matchings found." I am thinking this means that Salesforce can't find a matching contact but I'm not sure why. If it finds the record when a caller ID is matched, what info do you think it's looking for, but not finding , when the chat closes.
 
The extension to Salesforce user mapping is a GET request. Then we have a POST request to create the Task representing the chat. If you see that response after a POST, then probably the Task is being created, but maybe somehow you're not seeing it?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Any chance that it posted the chat but didn't link to the record as intended?
 
Any chance that it posted the chat but didn't link to the record as intended?
In the log you will see the details of the request, and the ID of the contact and the user mapped. This will tell you which are the associated entities.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,963
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe