v20 and ringtones

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojog

SOHO User
Joined
Jul 9, 2021
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
3CX hosts our system, and we upgraded to v20, 2 days ago.

Doorbell, Intercom, External Calls, all have the same ringtone now, and we can't even change that single ringtone.
Anyone else experiencing this or know how to go about changing please? We have been using 3CX for 3 years, but now our 25 users are going nuts with the ringtone situation... it is really bad.

Thank you!
 
We upgraded to v20 on Dec. 1. My users also noticed the ringtone change right away. Now both external and internal ringtones are the same. They are asking to undo the "change" and get 2 distinct ringtones back.

Scenario
Server: v20 self-hosted in the cloud
Phones: Fanvil X7C

Prior to v20 there were 2 distinct ringtones: one for external calls and another for internal calls. The users would answer the external calls with a formal company greeting. The internal calls were answered with a simple hello.

After v20 the ringtones for external and internal calls are the same. The users were caught off guard, when they realized they were answering external calls that ringed like internal calls with a "Hello". Now they are frustrated that this change is here to stay for the time being.

Any updates?
 
We also had a lot of issues and in the end, we had to roll back to v18. Everyone warns us that these are early beta builds but the shiny new features drew me in and eventually had to go back to the tried-and-true v18. Maybe we'll try again in 3 or 4 months if things have stabilized.
 
We had to reinstall the system with the older version, and we are keeping it without the update, WHICH WE DONT LIKE, since the hacking situation with 3CX about a year ago, where 3CX urged everyone to update their system to fix the issue...

I guess it is a wait and see, hopefully there will not be another security hole until the issue is fixed with v20
 
As far as I can see this feature is now only in the Enterprice license.
Users -> Select User -> IP Phone -> Customise Call and Queue Ringtones -> "Ringtone per Queue (Available in Enterprise only)"

So now I have to tell my customers that they need to upgrade their license because a feature they always had is now only in a other license after a update?
 
  • Like
Reactions: OmniCall
As far as I can see this feature is now only in the Enterprice license.
Users -> Select User -> IP Phone -> Customise Call and Queue Ringtones -> "Ringtone per Queue (Available in Enterprise only)"

So now I have to tell my customers that they need to upgrade their license because a feature they always had is now only in a other license after a update?

Getting the same thing
 
As far as I can see this feature is now only in the Enterprice license.
Users -> Select User -> IP Phone -> Customise Call and Queue Ringtones -> "Ringtone per Queue (Available in Enterprise only)"

So now I have to tell my customers that they need to upgrade their license because a feature they always had is now only in a other license after a update?

Getting the same thing
I had a conversation with our rep, so yes its from V20 on only in the enterprice license.
 
This is ridiculous! This has been available for a while and now it is not unless you have an enterprise license. My customer is not happy about this. Where was the warning on this? I never saw anything that said this was going to happen.
 
"Ringtone per Queue (Available in Enterprise only)"
Does not seem to be the case, I just changed the setting on a Pro system
Screenshot 2024-03-07 162132.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: JuanR_3CX
  • Like
Reactions: gmartin
You have to go to phones and then options and enable custom ringtones per queue.
1709854907612.png
 
You have to go to phones and then options and enable custom ringtones per queue.
Ok, now I see and you are correct Ringtone per Queue (Available in Enterprise only)
 
Did anyone upgraded to enterprise to confirm that this works with the enterprise license? We might have to go with this since v20 will now be the default from May 1st. We host wit 3CX.

Thank you so much!!!
 
Did anyone upgraded to enterprise to confirm that this works with the enterprise license? We might have to go with this since v20 will now be the default from May 1st. We host wit 3CX.

Thank you so much!!!
I can confirm that it does work with enterprise. Once I upgraded it took about a hour before the options were available.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JuanR_3CX
Thank you!

I was talking to a 3rd party hosting, they said the both versions (pro and enterprise) would work. However, before upgrading, I just wanted to make sure, even if we upgrade to enterprise.

I mean, having extension calls being the same as outside calls, simply don't work!

Would you say the configuration is different? Or once you upgraded, all as working as before? I just hope there is nothing that needs to be done. I am not willing to deal with the customer service support from 3CX.

Thank you again!!
 
It is not the same at all. It is completely different and you need to take notes of the setup before upgrading because you will have to set it up again. At least I. My experience, I did. I also had to set time frames per queue because the system time does not do anything anymore.
 
This is ridiculous! This has been available for a while and now it is not unless you have an enterprise license. My customer is not happy about this. Where was the warning on this? I never saw anything that said this was going to happen.
Pretty sneaky of 3cx to shift this from being a Pro feature to an Enterprise feature without telling anyone. It's not even listed on https://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/features/
 
It is not the same at all. It is completely different and you need to take notes of the setup before upgrading because you will have to set it up again. At least I. My experience, I did. I also had to set time frames per queue because the system time does not do anything anymore.

Wow... are you serios? They are turning into another PLEX.... We need a jellyfin for PBX!

Thanks for your help.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
112,156
Messages
591,013
Members
165,188
Latest member
Teemal