• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Unsupported Viking PA-250-IP SIP Paging Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithTX

Premier Customer
Joined
Jun 29, 2017
Messages
81
Reaction score
15
Does anyone have experience with the Viking PA-250-IP SIP Paging Amp, I know it's not supported but I feel it may be the best solution for our needs.

We have a very old paging system with a discontinued TOA amp connected to a 70v speaker system. 3CX connects to the TOA amp by way of an FXO port and an antiquated ATT PagePal. In addition we have a satellite radio and a security device that connect to the TOA amp

I considered the CyberData IP Adapter, however we will still need a separate amp to power the 70v speakers and provide a secondary line level input for the security device. Given this going with the Viking which provides SIP seems to make more sense than the CyberData adapter and a separate amp.

Has anyone used the Viking PA-250-IP? Of course I am open to other solutions as well.

Keith
 
It has been mentioned before on the forum, so someone that has successfully installed, it may offer some help. Otherwise, I would contact Viking directly, as they say that it is compatible with 3CX (I would hope that means that they have tested it).

They may even have a template, and instructions for installing.
 
Last edited:
I contacted Viking, the only information that have is that it is supposed to be compatible with 3CX. No templates, just a generic SIP device. Once I get it up and running I will post here with notes..
 
Not very good marketing. " it should work, but we aren't going to do any testing, just buy it, and try it"
 
A quick follow up, the device works when set up as a generic SIP phone.
 
Good to know, I'm sure someone else doing a future search, on the forum, for that device, will find the information helpful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us