- Joined
- Jan 23, 2020
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
Hi,
Our company sells software that doesn't have access to the internet but does have access via VPN to our company network. I'm trying to incorporate the non-WordPress web application described at https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/website-live-chat-talk/ so our users can chat and VoIP (via VPN and through our network which houses a 3CX server) our support staff. As I understand it, calls and chat messages between users on the 3CX network don't need to leave the building where the phone system is housed as long as the users that are active/'on hook' are connected to that network. Since users don't have internet, I have the <callus> javascript object configured to connect to the IP address resolved by our phone system URL (https://[our-company].[state].3cx.us:[portnumber]/). However the connection times out when I attempt to connect to the phone system while on the VPN. I'm trying to figure out if we have a configuration issue here or if there's an administrative setting that would affect this behavior. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Our company sells software that doesn't have access to the internet but does have access via VPN to our company network. I'm trying to incorporate the non-WordPress web application described at https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/website-live-chat-talk/ so our users can chat and VoIP (via VPN and through our network which houses a 3CX server) our support staff. As I understand it, calls and chat messages between users on the 3CX network don't need to leave the building where the phone system is housed as long as the users that are active/'on hook' are connected to that network. Since users don't have internet, I have the <callus> javascript object configured to connect to the IP address resolved by our phone system URL (https://[our-company].[state].3cx.us:[portnumber]/). However the connection times out when I attempt to connect to the phone system while on the VPN. I'm trying to figure out if we have a configuration issue here or if there's an administrative setting that would affect this behavior. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!