- Joined
- Sep 24, 2021
- Messages
- 12
- Reaction score
- 1
We started using Teams/3CX integration just over a year ago. At the time, my 10 users all had DID numbers for direct dial, so, in AzureAD I'd add their phone # like +16471231234 and it would work fine. The only challenge with this was that it would make our signatures or presentations ugly as it would show our numbers exactly like that, with the + symbol and missing hyphens.
We don't want to use direct lines anymore and want to have customers only call us through reception and to dial by extension. I hired 5 new people last week, so I added them all to AzureAD like +14161231234x2233 which is what 3CX shows for them; however, none of them can make or receive calls, only my users with an actual DID showing can.
If I then change their AzureAD to say their phone # is +14161231234 then it does work, but as soon as I add x2233 to the number it does not. It's mandatory that we have our extension numbers as part of our phone number in AzureAD as we sync with many other systems, such as signature managers, Dynamics, quote/presentation generating tool, etc. Is that why I'm having issues, and if so what would I do in this case? Remove the extensions and every single person has the same phone # showing in AzureAD, being our main line? That's definitely not ideal, but if it should work with extension showing I'll keep troubleshooting. Thanks.
We don't want to use direct lines anymore and want to have customers only call us through reception and to dial by extension. I hired 5 new people last week, so I added them all to AzureAD like +14161231234x2233 which is what 3CX shows for them; however, none of them can make or receive calls, only my users with an actual DID showing can.
If I then change their AzureAD to say their phone # is +14161231234 then it does work, but as soon as I add x2233 to the number it does not. It's mandatory that we have our extension numbers as part of our phone number in AzureAD as we sync with many other systems, such as signature managers, Dynamics, quote/presentation generating tool, etc. Is that why I'm having issues, and if so what would I do in this case? Remove the extensions and every single person has the same phone # showing in AzureAD, being our main line? That's definitely not ideal, but if it should work with extension showing I'll keep troubleshooting. Thanks.