Solved Yealink T58 DTMF not registering for hotdesk password

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatano

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
May 31, 2018
Messages
103
Reaction score
22
Since I believe the last firmware update, our Yealink T58 phones are not able to be authenticated for hotdesking. We can dial *77*ext*, but it does not detect the password input on the phone, and therefore doesn't log itself in. I can manually assign the phone, and our other Yealink models are fine. Also if I do provision the T58, DTMF works fine when calling other lines.

V16.0.8.9
Yealink T58

I have already tried to factory reboot the phone multiple times.
 
Hi,

Do you have the Opus codec enabled on the phone?
 
  • Like
Reactions: jmatano
I did have it in the list of codecs for the hotdesking profile, but it was 5th. I have removed it. The only codecs on the profile for this phone are:
PCMU
PCMA
G722
G729

EDIT: Scratch that, after a reprovision, removing OPUS worked. Thanks a lot!
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Remove Opus from the HD extension, reset and reprovision the phone and you should be alright.

This problem has been resolved in V18, so if you upgrade it will no longer happen with any phones that support Opus.
 
Glad to help!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us