3CX Partner FAQs
Welcome to the 3CX Partner Program! To benefit from this program you need to be accustomed with the 3CX Partner Portal. From within the portal you can manage your installations, check which license keys’ maintenance is expiring, see how many points you need to reach the next partner level and much more.
Below is a list of frequently asked questions we receive in regards to the partner program, the portal and our licensing model. Read through these FAQs and if the answer you’re looking for is not here you can contact our Partner Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where are my NFR license keys?
Your NFR license key is located within the Keys section along with all the license keys which are assigned to your reseller account as well as license keys you own.
How do I reset my password?
- Go to https://login.3cx.com and select “Forgot Password.”
- Enter the email you use to sign in to the partner portal.
- A password reset link will be sent to the email you provided.
How do I generate a free license for a customer?
- Go to the Keys tab and select “Create Try Licence.”
- Complete the form with the customer information.
- The customer will not be notified during this process.
- A new license key is generated and is also automatically assigned to your account. The new key will be listed in the “License Keys” table.
- Avoid downloading directly from the 3CX website without your account ID – your customers will be sent local partners’ contact information.
How do I certify additional staff?
The member of staff you want to certify must have a 3CX Partner Portal account. To do this:
- Go to the “Users” tab in the left menu and click “+Add.”
- Add the email address of the new user and the role you want them to have (Owner, Sales, Support, Purchase) and click “OK.”
- An invitation will be sent to their email address with login credentials.
- Once they login to their account the need to navigate to the “Certifications” tab in the left menu and click on “Take a test now!.”
How do I change customer details associated with a key?
Only the customer can do this from their account.
- Ask your customer to login to their account.
- Go to the “Keys” tab in the left menu.
- From here they can change their details. When done click “OK.”
How do I replace a license key in an installation?
At present you can only replace with a commercial key – it’s not possible to enter a free key or an NFR key. Watch this video to see how.
- Login to the management console.
- Click on “License” in the Information table on the righthand side of your dashboard.
- At the top, there are four options to choose from. Click on “Replace license key.”
- A pop up will appear requesting the New license key. Enter it and click on “Replace license key.”
How do I generate a download link to give to my customers?
- Each partner has a personal download link which your customers can use to download 3CX. When they do this using the link, the lead will be automatically assigned to your account. To obtain the link go to the “Resources” tab in the partner portal.
- Make note of your partner ID and use it in the following format: https://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-phone-system?resellerId=123456, where 123456 should be replaced with your partner ID.
- Use this link in your email and on your website.
How do I transfer or edit a key?
- Login to the portal.
- Navigate to the”Keys” tab. Select the license key you would like to edit or transfer ownership by clicking on the “Click to Edit“option.
- From here you can edit the customer information or you can click on “Transfer Ownership” – the button is located beneath the email field.
- Once you click on it a pop up will appear to confirm that you indeed would like to transfer ownership and the email address of the person you intend to transfer the ownership to.
Note: Only keys that you own can be edited or transfered. NFR keys cannot be edited and assigned keys can be accessed in view only mode.
I don’t seem to have access to Support when I login?
- Verify you have logged with a user account whose profile has support access. The main account user can edit these rights.
- Ensure you are not logged into the customer’s portal.
- Finally, ensure that you are still a 3CX Partner.
What does 3CX Maintenance include?
- Service packs.
- New versions.
- New features.
- FQDN, SSL & SMTP Service
- Usage of 3CX Apps and Softphones
- It does not include free support for the customer.
My customer’s maintenance expired, what do I do?
- If maintenance expired less than 90 days ago you may renew as normal.
- If maintenance expired more than 90 days ago you should convert the perpetual license to an annual license – which includes a free upgrade to the current version!
What happens if an annual license is not renewed on time?
Your client’s installation will revert to a 4SC Standard edition until you upgrade it to a commercial license. Maintenance will be handled by 3CX.
My customer’s maintenance renewal cost has increased since 2017. Why?
- In January 2018 3CX announced to our Partners that our pricing will be changing. We implemented these changes in March 2018.
- Maintenance renewal cost increased.
- Annual license prices decreased.
Why is 3CX emailing my customers directly for renewals?
- 3CX sends an email 60 and 30 days prior to expiration to the assigned partner to ensure the renewal is ordered in a timely manner.
- If the key is not renewed then a reminder email is sent directly to the end user 7 days before expiration.
- Partners may view all their renewals in their partner portal under keys in the column “Expiry/Maintenance”.
- When an end-user’s key is assigned to a partner they cannot buy directly from 3CX.
How much does it cost to upgrade a license?
- If you’re running a perpetual license the upgrade cost is the price difference between the larger license and the original license.
- If you’re running an annual license the upgrade cost is the price difference between the larger license and the original license, prorated. So if there are 6 months remaining until the expiry they will pay half the price difference.
I opened a Support ticket X days ago, why have I yet to receive a response?
- Our SLA for answering a Support ticket is 48 hours, unless you are a Gold or Platinum Partner.
- Are you sure they have not responded? Please check your support tickets and email.
- If the ticket has been forwarded to R&D (Research and Development) we cannot offer an SLA.
I am a 3CX Partner, why do I not have access to Support?
- Have you been demoted to an Affiliate?
- Ensure you are not logged into the customer’s portal.
- Verify you are logging into an account profile that actually has access to support. The main account user can edit these rights.
Where do I find the Support telephone numbers?
They can be found under the Support Tickets section in your partner portal.