On this topic
- 3CX Phone System 15.5 SP4 and above.
- For Windows installs, Windows 8 / Server 2012 or higher is required.
- Professional or Enterprise 3CX license.
- Microsoft Bing Service free or paid long-term subscription
Getting a Free Trial Microsoft Bing Subscription Key
Use this method if you don’t have a Microsoft Azure account and still want to try speech transcription. For a 30 day free trial you need to:
- Go to https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/try/cognitive-services/
- Select “Speech” tab > “Get API key”
- Agree to the Microsoft policies and click “Next”.
- Sign in using your preferred account.
- Once Microsoft speech API is enabled, a key will be generated. This key will be used later to enable Voicemail Transcription within 3CX.
Creating a Microsoft Bing Subscription
For production use you need to have an Azure account with Bing Speech subscription enabled. Do the following:
- Login to your Azure account or create one: https://azure.microsoft.com/free/
- Click “Create a resource”
- Search for “Bing Speech API” and click “Create”.
- Fill in the fields and complete creation.
- On the left menu click “All resources” and select the cognitive resource you just created.
- Click on it, and under “Resource Management” press “Keys”. Copy the value of KEY 1. This will be needed in the next step.
Enable Voicemail Transcription in 3CX
To configure 3CX to use Voicemail transcription follow these instructions:
- Login to the 3CX Management console and navigate to “Settings” > “Voicemail”.
- Enable the “Voicemail Transcription” checkbox
- Enter the Bing Speech service key into the “Microsoft Subscription Key” field.
- Select your preferred language in the “Speech Language” combo box.
- Click “OK” to apply the settings.
- When a voicemail is received, you will see the transcripted text in the email body. Additionally, when you login to your 3CX web client > Voicemail, the transcripted text will be displayed next to each Voicemail.