The 3CX softphone for Windows is a free softphone developed by 3CX. It can be used to make and receive VoIP phone calls directly from your PC. The advantage of using the 3CX softphone for Windows is that you can leverage low cost or free VoIP calls. The easy to use interface allows for users to make and receive calls as if it were a physical desktop phone.
3CX VoIP Softphone Benefits
- Quick and simple installation: Simply download the file and follow the installation wizard. In just a few short clicks you’ll be up and running.
- Substantial savings: By moving to a softphone and utilizing VoIP software you stand to save big on monthly telephone bills.
- Open Standards: This softphone can utilize software advances from any open-source solution, allowing it to work with most major VoIP providers.
- Intuitive interface: The simple dial pad and buttons makes this softphone incredibly easy to use.
- Network wide installation: An in-built MSI installation package allows for easy integration across your entire network.
- Completely free: The 3CX softphone is 100% free which saves you licensing costs and licensing administration fees.
To use 3CX as your softphone you will need:
- Microsoft Windows,
- an account with a VoIP Provider or a SIP server / VoIP PBX,
- a headset,
- and an internet connection or a mobile provider.
This softphone is available for free download but does not receive any software updates and the 3CX team does not provide any support.
Download 3CX VoIP Softphone for Windows here.
For more information on our newer softphone options see our Free SIP Phone page.