3CX App Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornetsoft

Silver Partner
Joined
Nov 6, 2009
Messages
49
Reaction score
6
Is there way to stop 3cx calls coming into mobile while on a cell/mobile phone call as when 3CX rings it cuts off the Cell/Mobile call that's in progress ?
 
We had this issue on a Samsung S7 toggling the car bluetooth setting sorted out the issue.
When busy on GSM call you now get sent to busy forwarding rule Voicemail in our case.
 
3CX said that the 3CX call doesn't push/ring/cut when you're in a GSM call. The caller will be redirect to voicemail !

What is the model of your phone @hornetsoft ?
 
this depends on your phone.
Model and android os so we can understand if your phone is good enough to take telecom api support and then it will work.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FS_Mathieu
S9 needs to have telecom off.
And with telecom off, you get this behavior. There is nothing you can do.
You need to tell the person BYE i call you later before you take the mobile call and learn to work around it. This is a SAMSUNG ISSUE on ANDROID. The issue is not that the developers are bad. The issue is that Samsung needs to make andorid 10 for s9. And this will gain telecom api. THEN you will see a difference.

Find a pixel from a friend and try it and you will see the difference.

Any samsung phone which is below the S10 range is ONLY GOOD FOR 1 SIM CALL. 1 at a time.
NO remote headset calls etc. Just 1 call.

Now if you want to prove me wrong try the same test with an APP King like whats app. And tell me whether the behavior is the same.
 
S9 needs to have telecom off.
And with telecom off, you get this behavior. There is nothing you can do.
You need to tell the person BYE i call you later before you take the mobile call and learn to work around it. This is a SAMSUNG ISSUE on ANDROID. The issue is not that the developers are bad. The issue is that Samsung needs to make andorid 10 for s9. And this will gain telecom api. THEN you will see a difference.

Find a pixel from a friend and try it and you will see the difference.

Any samsung phone which is below the S10 range is ONLY GOOD FOR 1 SIM CALL. 1 at a time.
NO remote headset calls etc. Just 1 call.

Now if you want to prove me wrong try the same test with an APP King like whats app. And tell me whether the behavior is the same.

I would love a topic on 3CX with known limitations on brands as you explain with Samsung, I've a customer who's complaining a lot about privacy because of that Samsung issue, if we could provide an official explanation (and accessible when we type "3cx android limitations" or what !
 
I can tell you many things - but some also get outdated quickly. You need to subscribe to sites at least. Choose right phones. Use me for advice so I can guide on at least which phones work good inside. Normally if I see a goods phone for development, it turns out that the phone will be good overall for everything else. For example - If you buy a Nokia phone, these guys unfor have still not figured out how to control the keypad on the keys around the edges of the phone. So when you are typing a message the key/letters in the keypad that are located on the edges of the phone, are not accurate. (the touch is either too sensitive or has some padding issue.) Something you never ever will experience on an IOS device. There are phones that are very bad. Good for games, for kids, for definitely not for productive use.

So you can work like this - tell your customer to make a research of phones to buy and you can send me the list, and I (if I happen to have experience with them) can mark them example 1 The best, 5 the worst.

We are preparing an good update by end of Jan. At that time I will update the list.
 
There is no android 10- for s9. At least we do not get it.
If you make custom rom, you will be completely on your own. I strongly do not recommend this. Do not do this my friend. Do not install custom roms. Leave the phone as it is from the manufacturer.
The play store will detect this and put all your analytics in the bin.
 
@nb No problem, I understand as OS and updates are always moving things on mobile phone. Anyway, I don't know if our customer would buy their phones depending on 3CX compatibility, maybe for a professional use but for example, Xiaomi looks to work nicely with 3CX App :)
 
@nb No problem, I understand as OS and updates are always moving things on mobile phone. Anyway, I don't know if our customer would buy their phones depending on 3CX compatibility, maybe for a professional use but for example, Xiaomi looks to work nicely with 3CX App :)

Hi Thanks for your feedback. I dont want the customer to buy the phones based on productivity with 3CX. Rest assured that if the phone is good, 3CX will work. This is why the new app uses lightweight standard controls and stable libraries. But my suggestion is this. If you want a phone that works good, it must go to Android 10, and then telecom api will work. So that is my only condition. Telecom api is going to be the basis for many things - AI in telephony, Speech recognition, Bluetooth controls, headsets etc. Any phone opens a browser and a mail. That's technology which is now solidified and cannot change forever, (like fax for example). But new watches will come out. New cars will come out. New headsets will come out. And new services will be launched. You cannot benefit from these things if you do not have a good solid phone. So speak to your customer like this. Android is beautiful because you can find cheap phones that do the job and expensive phones that do the job slightly better. (Unlike iphone which start from a high range and do practically the same basic things). Think with this mindset. What services will you need.

Subscribe to android authority. It is a very good source of information.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Thank you for your advice @nb !! I really like spend time to learn mobile phone limitations and deep settings so your work interests me hehe ! You give us good points to tell to our customers about compatibility and way to think !
You can now have affordable phones with a lot of functionality, Android 10 must be the standard now. I telled you that Mi Mix 2S works like a charm but he is running Android 9, how do you explain that ? :confused:
 
Thank you for your advice @nb !! I really like spend time to learn mobile phone limitations and deep settings so your work interests me hehe ! You give us good points to tell to our customers about compatibility and way to think !
You can now have affordable phones with a lot of functionality, Android 10 must be the standard now. I telled you that Mi Mix 2S works like a charm but he is running Android 9, how do you explain that ? :confused:

Well do not be confused. There are many phones that work perfect with Android 9.
The telecom API https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/telecom was introduced in Android 8 I think.
Another phone which worked perfectly on Android 9 was Google Pixel.
So from a Google Standard, if Developers respect it, technically speaking Any Android 8 and above should work as if it were Android 10.

But the market is dominated by our greedy, lazy, copycat friends @ Samsung and Huawei and Nokia etc. And these guys - I wish they code as well as they lie. They say they support something and we developers go and stay trying and checking for nothing. Debugging - And the debugger at some point starts in Android Code, and then disappears into the abyss - into something that Samsung made. You just do not see the null pointer crash anymore and disappears into Samsung proprietary code. NO CHANCE you get to the bottom of it. I think not even Samsung themselves know.
Then we@3CX are left completely in the dark - so have a bad os in a high end phone, and on the other hand, our user base complaining - blaming us that our app is not good. So the only thing we can do is send emails and open threads on their "developer forums" Which by the way has like like 100 posts and 30 pages of articles (for the phones and money they make, I would expect them to have millions and millions of posts) and we get absolutely no ack or answer.

Only Sales work in these companies. Stackoverflow speaks some truth with other developers like us experiencing the same problems but all posts are rusty because if someone from Samsung doesn't speak, there is no hope.

Then magically, a new state of the art phone appears creating another damage to our pocket of around 1k bucks per manufacturer and it starts to work.. So if you want it - YOU PAY MORE!!!

What can we do?

Now I am happy you have good results with the Mi MIx 2S. Maybe I will check the stats from the play store and get one if you say it works well. At least the developers there are starting to see and not repeat the same mistakes as the big guys.. If it works, just on the telecom api, I'll be the first to push them.

At the end of the day, we are all in search for the best cheapest Android phone. I would love to see some cash go to other companies...

Happy to have you on board - Like and share this post if you agree.
 
  • Like
Reactions: FS_Mathieu
Ok so as stated in your link, brands have to pick the default ring app and default notification app then when you add another software as 3CX it doesn't disturb the default pick.. Is that it ?

So is it global for Samsung, Huawei and Nokia that API is not supported... Only for S10 right ? It will explain a lot of bugs on Samsung stuff. But as you say there is no way to HAVE TO buy a S10 to make it works...
For other brands, is there a way for us to test if the Telecom API is ON or if it's shitty like other brands ? If I doesn't face issues, does it means that's ON or it needs more tests anyway ?

I see on your post that Xiaomi 9T Pro has Telecom API OFF. Then it cannot manage calls as told upper ? But the option was right on Mi Mix 2S o_O So maybe they repeat the mistake even if they were fine on previous models.. :confused:

At the end of the day, we are all in search for the best cheapest Android phone. I would love to see some cash go to other companies...

That's right but that's another problem : non-competition market..

Thanks for the time you take to explain !
Mathieu
 
Ok so as stated in your link, brands have to pick the default ring app and default notification app then when you add another software as 3CX it doesn't disturb the default pick.. Is that it ?
So is it global for Samsung, Huawei and Nokia that API is not supported... Only for S10 right ? It will explain a lot of bugs on Samsung stuff. But as you say there is no way to HAVE TO buy a S10 to make it works...
For other brands, is there a way for us to test if the Telecom API is ON or if it's shitty like other brands ? If I doesn't face issues, does it means that's ON or it needs more tests anyway ?
I see on your post that Xiaomi 9T Pro has Telecom API OFF. Then it cannot manage calls as told upper ? But the option was right on Mi Mix 2S o_O So maybe they repeat the mistake even if they were fine on previous models.. :confused:
That's right but that's another problem : non-competition market..

Thanks for the time you take to explain !
Mathieu

No what will happen is that this feature will not work and will be ignored on phones that do not support telecom api. So we implemented it only for phones that have telecom api - imagine it was only a few lines of code. To do it on phones that do not support telecom api, You would need to write much more code.

No definitely not global for all Samsung - For example - the S10 works perfectly. The S10 + (only difference that it has a stylus) is still under construction. How do you explain it? S10 + came after. So they need some more time. I mean these phones are IDENTICAL but one has a stylus and stylus pointer libraries from Google. Not sure samsung do anything nowadays when Google Android is so complete. But they like to add S*** like ridiculous annoying BIXBY and a silly physical key and thus ruin the software.

Look you cannot test because you need to buy the phone. So it is too late already. Then once opened you cannot return it. We are at the mercy of these guys. If I could test before buying, I would not have so many disappointments.

You mentioned a perfect example - the Xiaomi. Now the mi mix 2s - that is a comment from you who had the interest to inform us. Thanks - but its thanks to you that we know and we can share. If you bought that phone and it would not work, You would not know where the fault is and would come pointing your bug finger at me ;)

I don't blame you.

But there is competition. There is coming from one plus, Xiaomi, etc.. And soon it must be a standard because everything media related is going to be based on this.

now Microsoft will launch their new Surface phones soon. These will not have Windows mobile garbage inside - but ANDROID!! YEP you heard well - And some cool foldable phones.. Let's see..
 
Hello @nb !

Okay that's now clear to me, when I speak about testing I mean test on phones that we already own (5 differents models from Xiaomi and 4 Huawei) because that's personal phones so I can test it and now how it goes !
Same stuff for our customers, some are using the app just for "fun" when some of them wants to talk and share about really sensitive topics. That being said, I could grab phones models from customers and just tell them if that's compatible or not with some tests (?). I don't want them to change phones to make 3CX work but for some customers it will be important to say that it's just not possible to make it works with their phones.

I don't want to put the fault on someone, I just want to offer proper explanations to customers who say that 3CX App is sh*t when their phones are just not suitable.

Yep I saw that too, interesting phones coming out this year, let's wait :)
 
Hello @nb !
I don't want to put the fault on someone, I just want to offer proper explanations to customers who say that 3CX App is sh*t when their phones are just not suitable.

Yep I saw that too, interesting phones coming out this year, let's wait :)

I can help you with the explanations. I can also maybe make some videos on how to check and debug problems.

Also re new phones - a new Samsung Flip phone is coming out soon!!!! Clamshell like called Galaxy Z Flip!! sooon!!! OKAY unless you have a good testing budget like I do here, do not go and buy the first flip phone that comes out.. but yeah - looks like early 2020 we will see more of these coming out.

14009

New Galaxy S11 and S11 + known as the S20 and S20+ (yes Samsung cannot decide on a name and stick with it) but they are getting ready to be released. Pending 5G wars I think. I also think I can safely predict that Galaxy users (Galaxy 8 and 9) can forget about ever going to Android 10 :( I am sure that there are no technical reason why Galaxy 8 or 9 cannot go to 10. but our friends in Korea have had a ridiculous policy for a very long time now - they only update their flagship phones with two major versions of Android.

AND FINALLY no Bixby button..

Yeah - Keep your eyes peeled.. some interesting phones on the way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
  • Samsung Galaxy S20 : 11 february 2020
  • Samsung Galaxy Flip Z : 11 february 2020
  • Oppo Find X2 : february 2020
  • Sony Xperia 5 Plus : february 2020
  • Huawei Mate XS : march 2020
  • Huawei P40 et P40 Pro : march 2020
  • Apple iPhone 9 : spring 2020
  • Google Pixel 4a : spring 2020
  • OnePlus 8, 8 Pro et 8 Lite : 2020
  • Motorola Razr : 2020
  • Apple iPhone 12 : september 2020
  • Google Pixel 5 : october 2020
  • Microsoft Surface Duo : end of 2020
That's what we know o_O

I am sure that there are no technical reason why Galaxy 8 or 9 cannot go to 10. but our friends in Korea have had a ridiculous policy for a very long time now

The reason looks easy.. How do you want to easily sell a new coming phone if the previous one is still updating and improving.. haha
Stupid commercial reason but Microsoft is doing the same with Windows and we can speak about a lot of domains like that..
 
  • Wow
Reactions: nb
  • Samsung Galaxy S20 : 11 february 2020
  • Samsung Galaxy Flip Z : 11 february 2020
  • Oppo Find X2 : february 2020
  • Sony Xperia 5 Plus : february 2020
  • Huawei Mate XS : march 2020
  • Huawei P40 et P40 Pro : march 2020
  • Apple iPhone 9 : spring 2020
  • Google Pixel 4a : spring 2020
  • OnePlus 8, 8 Pro et 8 Lite : 2020
  • Motorola Razr : 2020
  • Apple iPhone 12 : september 2020
  • Google Pixel 5 : october 2020
  • Microsoft Surface Duo : end of 2020
That's what we know o_O



The reason looks easy.. How do you want to easily sell a new coming phone if the previous one is still updating and improving.. haha
Stupid commercial reason but Microsoft is doing the same with Windows and we can speak about a lot of domains like that..

Nice list my friend!! Actually this helps me with my budgets and plannings.. I will share this!!
I know what you mean - After I sent my previous message, I sort of silently understood that they need to push the new phones. If they make the S9 on android 10, we will not by the new phones immediately.

But come on.. Reduce Bixby development bullshit and give Android 10 instead - Thats what I mean. They try to make a Google assistant when there already is a Google Assistant, and then they dont give what the people really need - Android 10 on the devices.. Why? Anyway You have a point. Also maybe the device cannot take the new OS and they would not have resources to test Android 10 on an old Samsung. However they do waste time on things they should not.. Anyway.. I am still looking forward for the new phones. Once again nice list..

Which is the best you think? ;) Give me time to check some models and we share our thoughts on this tomorrow. But here, we practically have a Flagship List of phones to look out for.

I think Microsoft will make it before like September 2020.. Although they do have the habit of joining parties too late hahahaha. Microsoft always joins at the after party!!! Lets see!! Thank you for your contribution!!
 
You add Xiaomi Mi 10 which will maybe out spring 2020 :P

Happy that it helps you ! I took it from a well-known french android website : https://www.frandroid.com/

I agree with you, that's not a good reason but it must be the reason. That's how you make money.

Which is the best you think? ;)

I want to see Samsung Flip Z, Microsoft Surface and Huawei P40 for the technology novelties ! But I wait a lot from Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro since that's my favorite brand ! But I won't buy a new phone now since Mi Mix 2S let me do everything I want to do :P

I think Microsoft will make it before like September 2020.. Although they do have the habit of joining parties too late hahahaha. Microsoft always joins at the after party!!! Lets see!! Thank you for your contribution!!

I hope too haha but as Google, I don't like these big brands anyway but it could be cool to see the technology improvement they bring ! They'll have to make a big work to catch up on popularity.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nb
S20 + 5G !! And Bixby button removed!!! :P This is what we are looking for.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,967
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon