3CX Erratic Call logging to Hubspot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernon Cheung

Free User
Joined
Feb 17, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Hi All,

I am finding erratic behaviour in call logs in Hubspot from 3CX.. The integration and testing seem to be fine but I am finding calls are not consistent and are not pushing through to Hubspot.

I came across one of our sales users mentioning that the Hubspot dashboard was not displaying calls correctly. I looked at a outbound call record on 3CX and and I saw that it is random when a call gets logged, be it answered or unanswered

Example logs with a few markings as reference from both Hubspot calls and 3CX call log from the same extension 2019. All numbers are being dialed in the same 10 digit manner aswell.

3CX and Hubspot Call Log - You will see below that I have marked some calls as being logged in Hubspot from the same extension and others aren't from 3CX
3cx Call logg C.png

3CX Screen.png
  • 3CX Version - Standard Annual 18.0.5.418
  • Server OS - Debian 10
  • Is the 3CX Server Hosted and where? Hosted in AWS
  • IP Phone Make/Model/Firmware version, Yealink T23g latest firmware
  • Has the Firewall Checker passed: YES
  • Are custom Phone Templates being used: NO
I am hoping this makes sense and someone can assist

Thanks and regards

Vernon
 
In your screenshots we can see that only in the third case you got the existing contact from the CRM. In the first 2 attempts, the integration created 2 contacts, because the existing one was not found. So you will need to send the numbers in E164 format, i.e. with the plus (+) prefix and country code.

Also, please note that in 3CX v18 Update 8 we're improving the way in which we do the contact matching, and sending the number with or without the plus prefix should work. So maybe you will want to wait for this update.
Thanks. It is finding 3 different contacts, one 306, one 1306, and one +1306.
I need the webclient to send always 1306.

I tried changing it in the webclient, but I don't see an audio/video, just an audio/chat setting, and there, it has the DIDs and trunks, but not the outgoing called numbers.

I assume it is here, so I will test with this configuration, where I added the 1+ to all the DIDs and information.

1685972433398.png
 
Don't you see this in the Settings menu?
1685972777622.png
 
We are closer. With that modification, it normalizes the number and always gets the same record, but the 306 one, not the +1306 that is the correct one on hubspot.

As you can see, dialing in 3 different ways: 1306, +1306 and 306, it always got the same number, although not the correct one:

1685972965658.png

1685973010269.png

1685973034031.png

Always the result was:
1685973049925.png

Now that it's normalized, I need to fix the fact that is normalizing to 306 and not to 1306 as recorded in hubspot.
 
It looks like I see something different than other users, I checked on another user and they do have that option:

1685974386991.png

This is a regular user, I'm an admin, that might be it.

If we leave that option unchecked, it dials 306. What do we have to have in there?
 
I think I found the problem after keep testing and testing and testing.

It is working properly now by selecting the number in Hubspot and calling via the 3CX click2talk extension.

I created a new outbound rule, set it first on the order, and removed all CLID out reformatting for the sip trunk.

This is the E164 processing settings that worked:

1685980179936.png


Hopefully it makes sense to those who understand these things, and can save some to me to others in the future.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,960
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us