- Joined
- Aug 14, 2024
- Messages
- 161
- Reaction score
- 200
Original post: https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/yealink-t7x-out-of-box-experience.135829/#post-650306
What we are finding is that as we migrate customers from other platforms, their handsets need 3CX firmware.
This is also the case with new IP phones such as the Yealink T7x and T8x Series.
---
Ok, so I think I have found the solution here for 3CX to be able to implement and it should be reasonably straight forward and probably just an update to the core templates and logic.
Currently, the firmware.url = is pointing to https://server/provisioning/serverid/firmware/yealink/
The actual firmware is sitting in https://server/provisioning/serverid/firmware_new/yealink/
There isn't a symlink between firmware and firmware_new.
If I query https://server/provisioning/serverid/firmware_new/yealink/T7X-185.87.0.16.rom the file downloads which is good.
If I manually put the config with the full url to the file, the phone updates.
So it's just a matter of 3CX implementing a setting on the provisioning when the phone does a request, it uses something like the User-Agent "Yealink T73U [VERSION] [MAC]" and if the version is not 3CX compatible, it forces the update.
It just needs to dynamically put the correct URL for firmware based on the Make, Model and MAC.
This way, when converting customers to 3CX, it streamlines the process having to manually touch phones, also the out of box would work with the Yealink RPS as the phone would hit 3CX and get the routerphone firmware and config.
What we are finding is that as we migrate customers from other platforms, their handsets need 3CX firmware.
This is also the case with new IP phones such as the Yealink T7x and T8x Series.
---
Ok, so I think I have found the solution here for 3CX to be able to implement and it should be reasonably straight forward and probably just an update to the core templates and logic.
Currently, the firmware.url = is pointing to https://server/provisioning/serverid/firmware/yealink/
The actual firmware is sitting in https://server/provisioning/serverid/firmware_new/yealink/
There isn't a symlink between firmware and firmware_new.
If I query https://server/provisioning/serverid/firmware_new/yealink/T7X-185.87.0.16.rom the file downloads which is good.
If I manually put the config with the full url to the file, the phone updates.
So it's just a matter of 3CX implementing a setting on the provisioning when the phone does a request, it uses something like the User-Agent "Yealink T73U [VERSION] [MAC]" and if the version is not 3CX compatible, it forces the update.
It just needs to dynamically put the correct URL for firmware based on the Make, Model and MAC.
This way, when converting customers to 3CX, it streamlines the process having to manually touch phones, also the out of box would work with the Yealink RPS as the phone would hit 3CX and get the routerphone firmware and config.
Last edited:
Upvote
8