- Joined
- Dec 1, 2021
- Messages
- 32
- Reaction score
- 1
Hi All,
V18 PBX up to date on Raspberry Pi, Grandstream H801 ATA with BT DECT phone BT4600 attached.
The BT4600 connected to the ATA is one of these anti cold call DECT phones that sensing a callers number that is not in its directory asks callers to announce themselves and (only then) rings the BT4600 and plays their recorded message to you. You then choose to answer the call or not (e.g. hit number "1" on keypad to accept). This worked fine on copper twisted pair.
With ..... All Phones / Grandstream / Edit / Forwarding Rules set at default, calling the landline number (via the SIP trunk now) either goes straight through if just answered OR goes to the PBX voicemail.
i.e. The PBX simply answers the call (as it should) and rings the DECT phone attached to the Grandstream ATA.
I suspect that as most DECT phones don't have this announce facility that this is the normal process and as noted the call gets through. The process being you are NOT ringing the DECT phone but the ATA and that the ATA just treats the DECT phone as a handset not a phone system in its own right.
The External Calls section of All Phones / Grandstream / Edit / Forwarding Rules has the following options.
A. Forward to Extension
B. Forward to Voicemail
C. Forward to Extension's Voicemail
D. Forward to Mobile
E. Forward to Extension
F. Forward to Number
G. End Call
I have tried "A" , originally it was set to B (and it did to PBX voicemail) neither do more than answer the call as normal but don't present the DECT phone's announce yourself message.
I may have tried "C" but this if working would not allow a call through to be answered.
D not relevant, E & F require a number to be added to be forwarded to and so not relevant.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I suspect there isn't a 3CX menu option that will fix this problem.
I have not as yet looked at the Grandstream options, I presume some sort of pass-through if it exists.
I will start a search on Grandstream but I thought I would check here first.
Regards....
V18 PBX up to date on Raspberry Pi, Grandstream H801 ATA with BT DECT phone BT4600 attached.
The BT4600 connected to the ATA is one of these anti cold call DECT phones that sensing a callers number that is not in its directory asks callers to announce themselves and (only then) rings the BT4600 and plays their recorded message to you. You then choose to answer the call or not (e.g. hit number "1" on keypad to accept). This worked fine on copper twisted pair.
With ..... All Phones / Grandstream / Edit / Forwarding Rules set at default, calling the landline number (via the SIP trunk now) either goes straight through if just answered OR goes to the PBX voicemail.
i.e. The PBX simply answers the call (as it should) and rings the DECT phone attached to the Grandstream ATA.
I suspect that as most DECT phones don't have this announce facility that this is the normal process and as noted the call gets through. The process being you are NOT ringing the DECT phone but the ATA and that the ATA just treats the DECT phone as a handset not a phone system in its own right.
The External Calls section of All Phones / Grandstream / Edit / Forwarding Rules has the following options.
A. Forward to Extension
B. Forward to Voicemail
C. Forward to Extension's Voicemail
D. Forward to Mobile
E. Forward to Extension
F. Forward to Number
G. End Call
I have tried "A" , originally it was set to B (and it did to PBX voicemail) neither do more than answer the call as normal but don't present the DECT phone's announce yourself message.
I may have tried "C" but this if working would not allow a call through to be answered.
D not relevant, E & F require a number to be added to be forwarded to and so not relevant.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I suspect there isn't a 3CX menu option that will fix this problem.
I have not as yet looked at the Grandstream options, I presume some sort of pass-through if it exists.
I will start a search on Grandstream but I thought I would check here first.
Regards....