Solved 3CX-Salesforce Integration with multi-factor authentication (MFA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyA2J

Trainee Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Mar 2, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
3
Hello,

I am having communication issues between 3CX and my client's Salesforce:

Erro|CRM: Exception during call reporting: System.Exception: Server returned a non successful status code - HTTPStatusCode=BadRequest - Reason=Bad Request - Content={"error":"invalid_client_id","error_description":"client identifier invalid"}

In order to find a solution, I myself did the integration test on a Salesforce POC with my 3CX solution. The result was conclusive: feedback of the customer file during an incoming call.
I also did a test with my Salesforce POC associated with the client's 3CX, and the result is positive.

Looking more closely at my client's information, it turns out that he is doing Salesforce double authentication (which is not my case in my two tests). It's new to Salesforce since February 2022, but it only started to apply recently apparently. And so suddenly, no file escalation, yet during my test on the 3CX side my CMR file is clean.

Have you ever encountered this problem? Do your customers use this famou multi-factor authentication (MFA) ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Johnny
 
Hello Johnny,

Enabling MFA is not a problem. I have it enabled everywhere, and I can integrate with Salesforce without issues.

The error you get in the client's installation is "invalid_client_id", which means that you're configuring the integration with a Client ID that is not recognized. Maybe you are creating the client Id in a different Salesforce account? Maybe the customer has a production and a sandbox, and is mixing this?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Make sure you created the app in the right SF instance but also check your keys and the permissions for the app.

Just yesterday we had a similar issue while configuring.

Also, SF can take up to 10min to sync the app credentials across their servers, so that error can happen when it's under that 10min.
 
  • Like
Reactions: edossantos
Hello, thank you for your answers.

The client is not behind a sandbox and works well on the production server. On the other hand, apart from the validation of the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret keys, I did not do any other configuration for the Salesforce CRM on the 3CX side. Except of course the setting for incoming calls.

Do I need to have a Customer ID (SF) created on the 3CX console? I checked the configuration again this afternoon and I don't see what could generate this ID problem.
I redid a connection with my Salesforce POC and the client's 3CX and everything works correctly (following this https://www.3cx.com/docs/salesforce-crm-integration/). This is frustrating suddenly.

thank you
 
You should just need the key and secret then do an authorize.

What version of Salesforce do they have? Some don't include API Access.
 
They use the enterprise edition.
 
Hello,

After redoing tests in all directions.
We have found where the problem came from, it was located at the lead level which was not configured correctly.
Thank you again for your help.

Thank you

Johnny
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,960
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us