Salesforce Server Side CRM
On this topic
3CX provides integration with Salesforce. With this integration when a call comes in the WebClient you will see the contact name and a link icon on the phone screen. When you click on the link you will navigate to the corresponding contact in the CRM. In this guide we will take you through the steps required in order to setup your Salesforce CRM with 3CX - server side.
Launching outbound calls from the Salesforce interface is already available using the 3CX Click2Call plugin.
- Login to your Salesforce account https://login.salesforce.com/ or create a developer account from here https://developer.salesforce.com/signup. Note: Your salesforce account must have REST API Enabled.
- Click on “Gear icon” > “Setup”
- On the sidebar, under the section PLATFORM TOOLS, select “Apps > App Manager”
- Click “New Connected App” button on the top right of the webpage.
- Enter an App name, example CXPBX, a contact email and press save.
- Scroll down to API (Enable OAuth Settings) and enable the checkbox “Enable OAuth Settings”.
- Set Callback URL field to “https://localhost/callback” and give permissions as per image. The permissions are:
- Access and manage your data (api)
- Access your basic information
- Access to your unique identifier (openid)
- Full Access
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time.
- Provide access to your data via the Web
- Click “Apps > App manager > Find your app” from the list and click “View”.
- In the API section Copy “Consumer key” and “Consumer secret” - we will need to add these later inside 3CX CRM Server side integration section.
- Click on “Manage” at the top and “Edit Policies”
- Go to the OAuth policies section and set Permitted users to “All users may self-authorize”. Press Save.
- Click on your profile image on the top right corner > Settings.
- On the side menu select “Reset My Security Token”
- Press Reset Security Token. An email will be sent with the new security token.
3CX CRM Server Side Configuration
- Login to the 3CX management console > Settings > CRM Integration > Server Side tab.
- Click Add and select Salesforce from the dropdown list.
- Fill in the details you got in the previous step for Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Username (the email account you use to login to the Salesforce portal), Password (the password used to connect to the Salesforce account) and the Security token.
- Press OK and the integration is complete.
- The best matching strategy for US customers using Salesforce is the following: Go to Management console > Contacts > Options > set the matching strategy to "Match at least X number of characters" and configure either 4 or 7.