3CX / video call

Status
Not open for further replies.

gisa

Free User
Joined
Oct 28, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello all,

We would like to use the 3CX solution on a touch display at a reception.
For this we use Click2Talk for the different people until now. Now we want to disable the live chat and audio calls. So that you can start a video call directly with a click on the person you want to call. Actually we would like to have only this "video button". Is this possible?

3cx-video.jpg

I know there is also the solution "Click2Meet", but we want the call to be established directly without having to enter a name or join the meeting.

Thank you for your feedback.
 
Hi @gisa,

I'm afraid that's not possible at present. The Click2Talk allows no authentication but would require someone to start a conversation via text before escalating to video as you've already pointed out.

As I haven't found this on the Ideas forum, I'd suggest contacting a 3CX Partner to have them post this feature request to the Ideas forum on your behalf.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Hi @gisa,

I'm afraid that's not possible at present. The Click2Talk allows no authentication but would require someone to start a conversation via text before escalating to video as you've already pointed out.

As I haven't found this on the Ideas forum, I'd suggest contacting a 3CX Partner to have them post this feature request to the Ideas forum on your behalf.
Hello VasilisV_3CX

In the Live Chat Code Generator, under the section "Advanced Features / Allow Video or Voice Calls", there is an item called "Phone only". This is exactly the feature we need with "Video only". Maybe this possibility already exists somehow, could it be clarified somewhere?

Can you also capture a contribution in this area? How long does it usually take?

1635501357794.png
 
Hi @gisa,

For the time being, you will need to use the Chat to escalate the call to a video call.

Enabling the voice call without starting chat will allow audio only calls to start without the requirement of starting a chat but can't be escalated to video at this time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock