3cx wordpress plugin glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kozzy

New User
Joined
May 21, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I'm just going through our website and there seems to be a glitch on our website with the 3CX plugin.

I have uninstalled the plugin, but still have the glitch on our company website.

Any fix?

[3cx-clicktotalk id="4478" title="Live Chat & Talk item 1"]



1621585310905.png
 
Hi @kozzy,

This error you've reported is a Wordpress shortcode and is no longer supported in 3CX Live Chat. It was a shortcode that existed in a previous version of Live Chat which was unlisted from the Wordpress Plugins Marketplace.

Ensure that you've removed the previous versions of 3CX Live Chat entirely and manually remove the shortcode you've presented, and then download the latest supported version of the plugin.
 
I've uninstalled the plugin, would that be enough to remove it 'entirely'?

I'm not sure how to manually remove the shortcode. Any help there please?

Thanks @VasilisV_3CX
 
Hi @kozzy,

Removing the plugin should be good.

The shortcode may exist in your Footers or Pages. Check your pages in HTML code view to see if it exists, if not check Appearance >> Widgets >> Footer and ensure the short code is not there either.
 
The website was previously built using a plugin called Elementor which doesn't allow access to the html code.

Do you think if I install the newer version of the plugin, it will over-write the previous code? I do see the code in inspect element via Chrome. Check it out for yourself: systemforce.co.uk

Thanks, @VasilisV_3CX
 
Hi @kozzy,

You can try but I don't think it will overwrite it.

You'll need access to the HTML code. Which means you'd need to switch to the classic editor rather than the Elementor editor. Remember to take backups of the site before making any changes.
 
1621589581237.png1621589707047.png

I'm assuming you mean the WordPress Editor button, which then leads me to block version instead of html?

I appreciate this isn't a 3CX problem anymore, and you are helping me with Wordpress, but I do need to get rid of that 3CX code!

Thanks, @VasilisV_3CX
 
1621589866091.png

I've found the basic html coding, but nothing with the error/ shortcode of the 3CX plugin.

<div class="elementor-shortcode">[3cx-clicktotalk id="4478" title="Live Chat &amp; Talk item 1"]</div>

This code exists via Chrome Inspect Element but I can't find it..

Thanks, @VasilisV_3CX
 
Hi @kozzy,

There are many possibilities that could have caused this. Things like:

1) Cached pages in an html cache system before the deactivation of elementor: solution -> purge site cache
2) Elementor is still enabled. This shortcode is inside an elementor-widget: solution -> check and remove that elementor widget
3) Many other conflicts in his site when the elementor was uninstalled

Other than that, I can't be of more help sadly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock