• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

A New Bigger and Better FREE Licence with V15.5 Update 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Nick - is it recommended to upgrade to 9? Thanks
As far as 3CX is concerned, it is the same thing. Currently 3CX can operate just as well on Debian 8 and 9.

Debian 9 though obviously does have quite a few changes, so I would suggest basing your decision on whether the Debian 9 release notes have something that makes you want to upgrade and undergo the procedure.

webclient password protection is not *viable*, as it can be broken by :

1 change extension's email to admin's email
2 send welcome email
3 change it back.

The admin (like root user in Unix) are *supposed* to admin password. Chop down admin's capability is simply not logical. It only creates hassle and fake 'secure' feelings.

As long as admin can change password, it's powered to access user's webclient by nature (just show the end user in log that admin has accessed it is good enough to deter unauthorized usage).

Those people who use the same webclient password for other purposes such as SMTP (as mentioned in post https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/passwords-visible-in-the-admin-console.52542) is wrong in the first place when doing integration.

Never integrate using same password. even with Single Sign On (SSO), people use OAuth2, rather than sharing the same password.

just my 2 cents.

in summary, to remove the 'viewing' webclient password is not necessary... I'd vote to get it back.

Last edited:
No, it will update only 3CX, operating system is not related with the 3CX updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.