Ability to see an extensions DND status with BLF's

equarvdw

Gold Partner
Joined
Nov 5, 2015
Messages
2
Reaction score
9
Hello,

i would like to request a feature on behalf of one of our customers.

His old PBX, which we replaced with a nice 3CX system, had the ability to see an extensions DND status with the BLF on other phones. When an employee is not available he or she hits the DND button (or *60 / *61 with 3CX), at that point the BLF light for that extension starts to blink red or stays solid red on other phones. Other employees are able to see that his or her colleague is unavailable at that moment.

Best regards,

Roel
 
Upvote 145
DND is now *32 in v14 SP1. I've been using this since v11 in this manner, but the templates originally came as *60 setup.
What is the old system you are referring to? Is it VoIP?

BLF spec is for BUSY only - Green available, Turn RED when line is BUSY.
These days, people want YELLOW or FLASH something - which is no longer a BLF, but PRESENCE information.
 
Hello Craig,

The mentioned DND status via BLF's was available on his old hardware PBX, no VoIP.

My customer hasn't updated to v14 yet and is still using v12.5. Do i understand correct that there is such functionality in v14? It doesn't matter what color it will be. Most important is that they can see DND status of other extensions. Do you how to setup this so called Presence information?

Best regards,

Roel
 
I do not know if v14 includes anything like this as I am not on it yet. I just installed 12.5 3 months ago and v14 seems to be causing a lot of headaches with missing features.
You could use the 3cx Phone for Windows/Mac for this information - but I know its not the same as being displayed on the desk phone.
 
Hi Roel

Yes, v14 now syncs DND to a presence status so this is definitely an upgrade for the customer

Basically DND is now mapped to Away / Out of Office
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ben Horder
Hello,

My collegue is in DND.
=> in 3CX softphone the status is RED
=> in YEALINK T46G the status is GREEN !!!


DND are not mapped with BLF!
 
+1

The OP reasonably wants Away/DND status to reflect on the physical lighted buttons of the phone.

More and more users and admins are evolving the use of 3CX and leveraging Presence and now they want to see the status of others on their phone (not just the 3CX softphone).

Please Upvote!
 
Hi,

actually this is not so hard to achieve.
I saw other PBXes that support this.

They should use SIP SUBSCRIBE to achive it. So basically they use BLF functionality to show which profile is activated, to see if Queue is logged ON/OFF, office time is enabled .... And with speeddial we only togle settings or enable profile.

I realy hope this is solved in upcoming version, sice IP telephones are not very useful without it.
 
BUMP!

I'm hoping to see some traction on this. My customers would really like BLFs to show DND status.
 
+1
All is said
 
+1. I also need this for a customer.
 
+1

We plan to change our PBX, this is almost a killer criteria. Any changes that this will come in one of the next updates?
 
+1

I think almost everyone wants this.
 
Yeah, this feature should be a no brainer as to whether it is needed. I'm not sure how hard it would be to program.
 
It would be also nice if the away- or dnd-status can be shown with another color on phones where is possible. I can imagine for example on the Yealink T48S with the soft-buttons that the people on it get grey in this case.
 
This has to be worthy of more than 23 votes!
 
Come on.. when can we expect this?

+1
 
+1
Have a potential customer hinging on this function.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
112,148
Messages
590,963
Members
165,168
Latest member
Stephan Eusebe