Android 8.1 Tablet / Chrome Webclient / Door Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabs

Customer
Joined
Aug 18, 2021
Messages
53
Reaction score
10
Hello all,

We had the idea to use an Android 8.1 tablet with google v98 web client and an extension, this as a remote station for our Fanvil i18v door intercom.
When we want to answer the call in the web client, the following error message appears.
Does anyone has an idea how we can fix that? Could it be possible that h264 package is missing on this tablet?
MicrosoftTeams-image.jpg

Thanks and Regards
Fabian
 
Hi Fabian,

What you are assuming is very likely. Note that the WebClient though is not optimized for use on Android devices.
 
Hi NickD,
I also had the guess, too bad that would have been an ideal solution for a department. :)
 
Hello,

when i call from my iOS App the call works even with video
 
Hello,

when i call from my iOS App the call works even with video
Yes, I don't doubt that, as I said though, I didn't say "it won't work", I just said it isn't optimized. What I meant with this is that I don't think development actions will be taken to address this on devices that don't work.

Although I can't say that it is ideal, but if you MUST use an Android device to call a doorphone that only supports H264, then maybe you could try manually configuring some other VoIP Application.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us