Android app does not launch on push

Status
Not open for further replies.

mburtscher

Forum User
Joined
Oct 6, 2017
Messages
24
Reaction score
2
Just as many others in this forum we are experiencing troubles with the Android app not being launched automatically when a new call comes in. If the app has been launched before and is already running in background, everything is fine. But if the app has not been launched before (e.g. phone restart or “force stop”), the app will not show up when a call comes hin. The caller will here the ringing sound anyway.

In one case when I was testing after a phone reboot, I noticed that the app showed up for a couple of milliseconds but immediately disappeared and did not ring. After that it also didn't show up in the recent apps selection of the phone.

I've tried both our own Firebase project and the default 3CX credentials. Also with restarting services and re-configuring the client application (with welcome mail) after changing the settings.

Device: Nokia 7 plus with Android 9
3CX: 15.5.15060 and latest mobile app
Connection: Wi-Fi
 
The two phones tested were a Nokia 7 Plus and the other a Huawei P30 Lite.

Thank you. I confirm that Huawei is like this yes..
Samsung and motorola do not behave like this.

Again - Android is a barbaric playground. These guys do what they want.
If we are looking at apps working in a predictable manner, I see 2 choices - Google phones or iOS devices. Everything else is a carnival. We as an android community need to get used to this.
 
just to chip in with my OnePlus 6T, it also wakes up after been terminated or device has been rebooted.
 
  • Like
Reactions: JohnS_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,967
Members
165,171
Latest member
Mahlon