Android App not recieving inbound calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanm

Silver Partner
Joined
Jun 8, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Good day

hope you can Assist me

i have picked up an issue on 2 of my clients 3cx server not sending calls to android apps anymore

extension to extension calls work fine no issues
but calls coming into the server are not going to the apps " only getting a miss call notification"

windows app is getting the calls without any problem " accept push notifications is enable on all extensions"

regards
 
Hi!

Just to make sure we understand the problem, you have your Android provisioning with Extension A:
  • When you call from Extension B (other extension) to Extension A, the Android phone rings, you can answer and have 2-way audio
  • When an external number calls into your system, then Extension A does not ring, but once the External Caller hangs up, you see the missed call.
Is this what is happening?

Also could you please mention the make/model Android you are using and which exact version and service pack of 3CX you have installed?
Also please check the version of the Android App that you are using.
 
Hi

yes that is correct " When an external number calls into your system, then Extension A does not ring, but once the External Caller hangs up, you see the missed call."

Huawei ANE-LX1 - version 9.1.0
Huawei JNY-LX1 - version 10.1.0

3Cx App version 16.7.6.105


1. 3CX professional licensed - version 18.0.1379
2. 3cx standard - version 16.0.9
 
And just to be clear, because this sounds very strange, "When you call from Extension B (other extension) to Extension A, the Android phone rings, you can answer and have 2-way audio". This is also true, right?
 
Correct that is true
 
When the call is received is the phone unlocked and the 3CX app on screen and available or is the issue that the Push message is not waking the phone up? Is the behavior the same on WiFi and mobile data?
 
yes the phone is unlocked and the app opened and show available " the moment the call supposed to ring on the extension "is says the extension is on a call "

i think the push message is not waking the phone up it is the same on Mobile data and WiFi
 
Can you check if Push is enabled for these extensions? There are actually 2 places where Push needs to be enabled. The first is under the extensions forwarding rules tab and it's per status. So you can accept calls for one status but not for another status.
The second is under the extension settings / Phone Provisioning. Select the 3CX App from the "Your Phones" drop down menu and scroll down to "Network". Make sure that the "Enable PUSH for smartphones" option is enabled.
 
i actually checked the settings they are set as per your explanation above.

the moment the call seems to hit the app the status turns to " on a call"
 
What you are describing is very weird as all calls use Push to notify the mobile apps now so if there was an issue with Push then local calls would also fail, not just calls from external numbers and since your system looks correctly configured from you are saying I think that the next step is to have a partner look at the issue or create a ticket with our support department so they can troubleshoot further.
 
Hello

We encounter the same issue for quite a while now. It does seem to occur more often when out of WiFi and on mobile data. Hope you can help.

Best regards
 
Hello

We encounter the same issue for quite a while now. It does seem to occur more often when out of WiFi and on mobile data. Hope you can help.

Best regards
I usually have this happen when users are WFH and there home wifi has issues. Usually other symptoms follow like "when i'm on calls it's in and out while there is some beeping happening". I tell the users to turn wifi off on there phone and then push notifications start working and call quality returns. I then tell them to reboot all there network gear and enable wifi again which then it usually keeps working after that.
 
I usually have this happen when users are WFH and there home wifi has issues. Usually other symptoms follow like "when i'm on calls it's in and out while there is some beeping happening". I tell the users to turn wifi off on there phone and then push notifications start working and call quality returns. I then tell them to reboot all there network gear and enable wifi again which then it usually keeps working after that.
Hello. Thank you for the response. In our case however it's happening on the company property. When within the WiFi covered area we do not encounter too many issues, but when outside of it (e.g. our parking lot) we have the exact same issue: there is no incoming call, yet you get a notification of a missed call. In the missed call overview you do say an X amount of seconds the call presumably was happening.

@3CX: can any of the support guys give a feedback here please?
 
Hello. Thank you for the response. In our case however it's happening on the company property. When within the WiFi covered area we do not encounter too many issues, but when outside of it (e.g. our parking lot) we have the exact same issue: there is no incoming call, yet you get a notification of a missed call. In the missed call overview you do say an X amount of seconds the call presumably was happening.

@3CX: can any of the support guys give a feedback here please?
Hi there,

There is a very important distinction between your 2 cases, so I don't think you are the same case.
The OP receives calls just fine on their Android when another Extension calls them. The issue is ONLY with external callers (which is very weird because PUSH delivery in both cases is the same).

From your description, I understand that when it doesn't work, no call come, neither Internal or External.

I suggest you create a new thread.
 
Hi there,

There is a very important distinction between your 2 cases, so I don't think you are the same case.
The OP receives calls just fine on their Android when another Extension calls them. The issue is ONLY with external callers (which is very weird because PUSH delivery in both cases is the same).

From your description, I understand that when it doesn't work, no call come, neither Internal or External.

I suggest you create a new thread.
Hello Nick

We have indeed encountered multiple cases:
1. Internal - Mobile Data - YES / External - Mobile Data - NO
2. Internal - Mobile Data - NO / External - Mobile Data - NO

I can't give you the details right now about which type of phone / Android version / app version. So I'll start logging.
 
Hello Nick

We have indeed encountered multiple cases:
1. Internal - Mobile Data - YES / External - Mobile Data - NO
2. Internal - Mobile Data - NO / External - Mobile Data - NO

I can't give you the details right now about which type of phone / Android version / app version. So I'll start logging.
Now I am sure that this is not the same case as the OP.
Please create a new thread and post the information there.
 
If this is a Samsung phone (S20 and S10 I've seen it on) I've had success with turning on Verbose Logging in the client and then testing it (kept working after turning Verbose Loging off again too).
 
I have no idea why this would make the device suddenly work (don't get my wrong, I'm not doubting you), but maybe the users here could try this and see if it makes any difference to them?
 
I have had a Huawei Mobile report beinag able make calls from it, but it just does not ring when the extension is called. A phone restart resolved that one. But On the Samsungs I've seen where Re-Provision, Restart Phone, Clear App data, Uninstall and resinstall App does not resolve it. But the Verbose Logging resolved it.
 
If this is a Samsung phone (S20 and S10 I've seen it on) I've had success with turning on Verbose Logging in the client and then testing it (kept working after turning Verbose Loging off again too).

So far this workaround has been successful for all of our Android users experiencing issues on 3cx App version: 16.7.6.105.

Before trying this, we did upgrade to 3cx server version 16.0.8.9. That alone did not resolve the issues.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,964
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock