As many... Worpress - can't get it to work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benoit-lb

New User
Joined
Sep 12, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I have followed the steps and tried to make sure that the URL is authorised. When using a static HTML page I found that using https://domain.com/ (with the /) does the job, but I couldn't find what works for WP. I tried with www as I have seen in some post replies, i tried with and without trailing /.
Steps to reproduce:
get a free startup account (I just want to test the solution)
download the WP plugin zip file, install it on WP (tried on an existing WP installatin as well as a brand fresh one).
Add the URL provided when setting up live chat to the WP plugin settings.
check the WP site: nothing, can't even see it if I right click on the page and check for source code.

Any help would be appreciated.
 
Hello Benoit-lb,
Can you please write version of WP Plugin and 3CX System that you are using?
 
Hi,
I have downloaded and installed wp-live-chat-support.10.0.4.zip
Not sure how to check what system I am using but I guess you mean what I see under 'Your 3CX Systems', it is: 3CX StartUP PRO. 10 users. type: Hosted
 
I have tried on another instance, Hosted and Dedicated: 18.0 Update 5 (Built 331)
Same issue.
 
Hello Benoit-lb,
Do you use caching plugins for wordpress?
Can you send me address of you web-site please?
 
Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for the hint. One of the WP sites I tried indeed has a caching plugin installed. so I looked at a fresh install of WP and enabled livechat with the new Dedicated 3CX instance and that worked.
I have then emptied the cache of the other WP site and I now see the chat thingy on some pages, not all, but that proves that caching was the issue. This is good enough for me as all I need is to test 3CX, I do not need fancy caching plugins indeed.
So, we are good, cheers.

I appreciate the help.
Thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,964
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock