- Joined
- May 2, 2023
- Messages
- 6
- Reaction score
- 0
Hi everyone,
I have two buildings with an Avaya IPO500V2 system with 96xx series handsets.
I was approached by a Cisco/Webex dealer to convert our systems over to them. The capital cost to change the entire system over in one go was too high.
I decided to look at other solutions. This is where 3cx comes in.
My thoughts were, to setup a cloud 3cx system. Convert and connect one of the Avaya handsets. Test 3cx for a bit. If it was a viable solution to our current Avaya system, then convert all the handsets and slowly replace the Avaya handsets with more compatible and capable ones.
I re-flashed one of the 9600 handsets, set up a SBC on an internal server and went to work creating a settings file for the handset.
2 days and a whole lot of aggravation later, I am still no closer.
This trial of the 3cx system has cost me more time than configuring the entire Avaya system with a Linux Voicemail and Call recording. Why is the 3cx system so difficult?
The SBC is connected to 3cx and is working fine. I have Verbose logs turned on for the SBC.
I have wireshark logging the coms to the SBC. I have my syslog server logging the verbose handset logs.
What would be fantastic is a way to check logs on the 3cx cloud server end. But that would be too helpfull.
All I seem to get is "SIP/2.0 403 Invalid credentials"
I have tried both the Extension and the UserID for the username. No change.
I am defaulting the handset every time I change the config. Just to make sure. Still no change.
Any suggestions?
I have two buildings with an Avaya IPO500V2 system with 96xx series handsets.
I was approached by a Cisco/Webex dealer to convert our systems over to them. The capital cost to change the entire system over in one go was too high.
I decided to look at other solutions. This is where 3cx comes in.
My thoughts were, to setup a cloud 3cx system. Convert and connect one of the Avaya handsets. Test 3cx for a bit. If it was a viable solution to our current Avaya system, then convert all the handsets and slowly replace the Avaya handsets with more compatible and capable ones.
I re-flashed one of the 9600 handsets, set up a SBC on an internal server and went to work creating a settings file for the handset.
2 days and a whole lot of aggravation later, I am still no closer.
This trial of the 3cx system has cost me more time than configuring the entire Avaya system with a Linux Voicemail and Call recording. Why is the 3cx system so difficult?
The SBC is connected to 3cx and is working fine. I have Verbose logs turned on for the SBC.
I have wireshark logging the coms to the SBC. I have my syslog server logging the verbose handset logs.
What would be fantastic is a way to check logs on the 3cx cloud server end. But that would be too helpfull.
All I seem to get is "SIP/2.0 403 Invalid credentials"
I have tried both the Extension and the UserID for the username. No change.
I am defaulting the handset every time I change the config. Just to make sure. Still no change.
Any suggestions?