- Joined
- Jan 24, 2021
- Messages
- 22
- Reaction score
- 2
3CX 16.0.8 and 16.0.9
I'm following this guide:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/avaya-ip-phone-provisioning/
My first concern is that guide appears to be stale; it says to download template, provisioning files, and logos. The template and logos are already present by default in the folders I'm instructed to place them.
I extracted the provisioning files into the [secure_folder] as instructed, which felt weird, because that directory is just a mess of loose files, and the zip had a lot of stuff in it!
The DHCP stuff goes fine, and then phone reaches for a file called `96x1Supgrade.txt` from the HTTP server. This file doesn't exist, and it fails with 404.
It doesn't exist in the provisioning package I was instructed to download... where is it supposed to come from? Perhaps the phone shouldn't be looking for this file, and something else is wrong?
Has anyone successfully provisioned these phones?
I'm also concerned about this note in the guide:
That doesn't seem to be possible, because the 3CX UI complains that `Authentication ID` is too short... so, that's an oversight! Am I doomed to fail, even I resolve the 404 step where I'm stuck?
I'm following this guide:
https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/avaya-ip-phone-provisioning/
My first concern is that guide appears to be stale; it says to download template, provisioning files, and logos. The template and logos are already present by default in the folders I'm instructed to place them.
I extracted the provisioning files into the [secure_folder] as instructed, which felt weird, because that directory is just a mess of loose files, and the zip had a lot of stuff in it!
The DHCP stuff goes fine, and then phone reaches for a file called `96x1Supgrade.txt` from the HTTP server. This file doesn't exist, and it fails with 404.
It doesn't exist in the provisioning package I was instructed to download... where is it supposed to come from? Perhaps the phone shouldn't be looking for this file, and something else is wrong?
Has anyone successfully provisioned these phones?
I'm also concerned about this note in the guide:
Code:
Limitations and known issues
The following limitations apply to these phones:
* Extension number and Authentication ID must be the same.
...