• We do not provide troubleshooting help for unsupported phones. Please try with a supported phone.
  • V20 Update 10 Alpha 2 Learn more

Best practices for non supported phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David_K

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Joined
Apr 3, 2019
Messages
198
Reaction score
27
Hello

I'm replacing a Wildix installation with an hosted 3CX + local SBC.

I have to reconfigure a Behnke Telecom door intercom.

I've just created an extension on the PBX, then went into the "Phone Provisioning" tab of that extension, and did not add a phone (since Behnke was not in the list)
Instead I've taken the Authentication IDs displayed there for the "3CX app"

Entered those into the Behnke + for SIP domain I've put the IP of the local PBX like "192.168.0.250" + in SIP Server I've put IP:PORT like "192.168.0.250:5060"
That's all I did and it seems to work.
I can call internal extensions from pressing the button on the Benhke.

But am I missing something important?

On the Benhke I see default RTP port is a range from 8016-8016
Maybe change this?
 
You would want to make sure that SIP settings are correctly aligned for 3CX and that DTMF is set to RFC and nothing else.

Maybe the doorphone manufacturer has a custom template for 3CX? Sometimes they do. It's worth asking!
 
  • Like
Reactions: David_K
Entered those into the Behnke + for SIP domain I've put the IP of the local PBX like "192.168.0.250" + in SIP Server I've put IP : PORT like "192.168.0.250:5060"

Hi,

In supported phones, the server is the PBX FQDN, and the Proxy is the SBC IP (you don't have a local PBX because you are on hosted).

That being said, we do recommend to use supported doorphones to ensure the best compatibility. There are a number of things that are tested to ensure devices are certified to have interoperability with 3CX so we can't say if everything will be ok with that model. For plain calls though, you should generally be ok
 
  • Like
Reactions: David_K
Hi,

In supported phones, the server is the PBX FQDN, and the Proxy is the SBC IP (you don't have a local PBX because you are on hosted).

That being said, we do recommend to use supported doorphones to ensure the best compatibility. There are a number of things that are tested to ensure devices are certified to have interoperability with 3CX so we can't say if everything will be ok with that model. For plain calls though, you should generally be ok
Thanks @JohnS_3CX

Of course I understand for non supported doorphones, but it's a new customer.
And the doorphone is something we missed when doing the quote (since they never told us about it)
We discovered the day we needed to replace the Wildix...

In the Behnke there are only 2 fields :

SIP Domain
SIP Server

So the SIP Domain is the Proxy? I should put the LAN IP of the SBC?
And the SIP Server is the 3CX itself? I should put the public IP of the 3CX? (or FQDN if the Behnke is able to resolve DNS which I'm not sure)
 
None of the above. But you can try this instead:


SIP domain would be your FQDN

Registrar would be your SBC LAN IP
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us