Solved BLF Function quit with V18 on Yealink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Colman

Customer
Joined
Feb 2, 2019
Messages
15
Reaction score
2
Upgraded from V16 to 18 (Debian 9 to 10 -upgrade as well....very smooth!) Sunday on my virtual server in house.
I have two T27Gs and three T23G phones. Ever since the upgrade the BLF lamps do not work, and we can not use them to pick up another line like we used to. The new windows app works, and we can use it to pick up a call on another user's phone....but I feel like we did not win with this upgrade.
Any ideas?
I have reset the phones, reloaded the security certs, and tried to modify the phones web page DSS settings with no joy. I am reluctant to go back to 16 since I do like that the android app stops ringing at the same time as I pick up the desk phone, unlike before where it would keep ringing for 1.5 more rings after i picked it up. afraid I would need to change windows and android apps back to earlier versions..

Cheers,
Mark Colman
 
You might wanna see whether your firewall is blocking any traffic to our activation servers.
I have the firewall team looking. but doesn't the firewall checker take care of that?
 
No, the firewall checker tests to see if your SIP ports, Audio ports work.

It will not check whether your PBX can reach the activation server.

Besides, that's an outgoing TLS connection so no port forwards are needed. The only thing you need to do is allow the PBX to have internet access, and not block outgoing TLS traffic.
 
So, they added Google's servers to the Debian DNS lookup, and then were able to get the license page to work. Several update license selections and I re-provisioned one phone, and it is all working now. Wild times!!!

Thanks everyone for your help!
Mark
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evolute IT
Question for the 3CX Team

Mark stated BLFs work in webclient but not on IP Phone. Is the webclient treated differently then an IP phone with regards to BLF and licenses?
 
Question for the 3CX Team

Mark stated BLFs work in webclient but not on IP Phone. Is the webclient treated differently then an IP phone with regards to BLF and licenses?
When the 3CX server cannot reach the activation server at all and has never fully activated, it goes into a 'weird' state, think of it like having a special license type with less features than "Standard".

In this case, then yes, it is very likely, however I need to stress out that this is purely due to this 'weird' state I am referring to.
Under normal circumstances, BLF functionality is available in all license types.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us