"Bug" introduced when linking new Microsoft 365 users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arlanet-Lennard

Free User
Joined
Feb 28, 2022
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
Hello,

We've been a user of the Microsoft 365 integration to Teams for about 1,5 years now and it's great. My usual workflow for onboarding new users was:
- Make a copy of a template extension that has all the right settings
- Assign this copy the right name and e-mail address (as per Microsoft 365 configuration)
- Go into Microsoft 365 integration settings and assign the user to the list of "User Sync".

Upon doing so, the newly added user would be coupled with the pre-created extension, which was exactly how we liked it.

In a recent update, a feature got added that will automatically create extensions for the users that are in this list. You can even set the starting extension number now.

However, with that update, it seems the sync will no longer check the existing list of extensions and always create a new one. This is very annoying and unexpected behavior, as we now have to manually reconfigure every extension. By the way, the extension that gets created automatically will also be created without assigning the e-mail address field.

I consider this a bug, we're currently running 18.0.7.312 (I had to create free instance, since we use 3CX through a partner).
 
Regarding your question, I think you may have posted this in the incorrect section as Startup does not have the option to sync users with 365, but do you have a 365 subscription for the duplicating user, as per the requirements mentioned in the guide: https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/microsoft-365/.
 
We have 3CX enterprise through a partner, but I had to create a free instance before I could post on the forum. So you can ignore that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Charles_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.