Call recording storage location

Johnny-DTSCA

Bronze Partner
Joined
Jan 21, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I see that the recordings settings show a temporary path for storage; his uses the operating system folders. It it possible to change this path to a new folder location which will be a separate drive on the system? I also see that there is the Remote storage and data location option, however this only shows for FTP, Google storage or SMB. Is it possible to store this on a separate drive on the server? is yes, what is the best approach? My system is on AWS lightsail using Linux.

My account says free however, we are going to purchase this as a partner. I'm trying my best to understand all the options and limitations before purchasing.
 
I imagine you could add an entry to /etc/fstab to mount the secondary drive's filesystem to whatever location you want (example /mnt/storage) then set that path as your recordings location
 
Under recordings in the admin console, you can select your local disk. This can only be done on an on-premises server, or a self hosted instance. This is not available on hosted by 3CX.

1739530611674.png
1739530636017.png
1739530653525.png
 
Thank you for confirming. Has anyone setup the remote and data storage using a smb drive on a lightsail instance?

I see SMB, SFTP, Google as options
 
On LightSail the best option is to implement the AWS File Gateway. This makes storage appear to be local, but in truth the files are on varying levels of archival. This reduces your long-term storage costs when you have the need for low-cost storage. The gateway makes automatic moving from storage tier to tier transparent to your application. Files eventually end up in glacier storage based on how long it has been since the file was accessed.
 
We mount S3, working nearly perfect.
 
I agree with the point made by @meinadmin regarding mounting S3 storage. The process is easy enough, and far, far easier than getting the file gateway setup. So if you are just looking for storage, mounting S3 is the way to go. But if you are looking to save a large number of recordings for a long period of time, then the gateway is the way to go.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,959
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us