• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

call report's time is not correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
After send my post I realized that there is something really strange.

Call Log date is 02/13/2018 o_O but server time and date is correct. Also, report is showing correct date (14/02/2018)

I think there is more than one error. One error related to date and other error related to timezone. It starts to happened after update to SP3

Edit: Call Log is showing my yesterday tests. It doesn´t update today calls. For some reasson it is one day behind. I think it is a "filter" error showing today as yesterday and yesterday as two days ago.

Last edited:
however viewing the call log shows Yesterdays logs. Now I can reboot the server, but I hardly think it is going to make any difference.
Just to clarify,

Call Log (Management Console --> Call Log)
or
Call Report (Management Console --> Call Reports --> Add -- >generate report for today)
?

For the Call Log there is a confirmed issue that is being discussed here.

Ditto.

This requires an emergency patch, immediately.

All our clients' instances reports are off by a day, and call logs are as well.

Reactions: jimbo59
I am also seeing this problem. Today is 2/14/18 but call logs are for the previous day 2/13/18, if I filter for yesterday it shows 2/12/18.

The following is for the Call Reports and not for Call Logs:

We are currently investigating the circumstances under which this is happening as it does not seem to affect all timezones, and sometimes not all systems within the same timezone.
For the time being, for reports of the current day, try instead of using the "Today" range option to select the "Custom" and then set the hours to the whole day.

I will try and update again once there something newer to report on.

Again, this Thread is about the issue with the Call Reports, not Call Logs, so I will keep it that way a to not confuse other users.

Hi All,

Same issue here. PBX is on version 15.5.8801.3 and we just updated Sunday. The Server time and Time Zone are correct, I have done a full reboot of the server and still no fix.

Currently, the Call Logs and Call reports are off, however, Chat Logs are correct. When I run reports for "Today", it shows the previous day, and when I run "Yesterday" it is two days off, etc. The Call logs are not showing for the current day also, the latest call logs show 2/14/2018 which was yesterday. If the call reports are based off the call logs, this might be connected but I cannot be sure.

If it matters, time zone is EST. It seems like it's just for those two areas but I have not looked further as the reports are critical right now.

Reactions: clayboswell
Similar issues as Wayne DeVico. also Updated version does not appear as stable as prior versions. Please provide fix or rollback method.

I have two systems, one on debian 9 and another on debian 8. The debian 9 is literally a fresh install from a few days ago. Both are running the latest v15.5 Update 3. Both systems are setup for eastern time in both 3cx and the server.

Both the call log and call reports both only show things related to the day prior. Since this thread is specific to the call report, I'll be more specific to this. I have checked the time zone configuration and have rebooted both servers. If I run the recommendation and setup the call report for custom date and time, such as from 2/15 to 2/16, the call report looks correct and does show the correct calls within the date and time of the custom date/time specified.

UPDATE: I just pulled a report from 2/15 09:00 to 2/16 09:00 and it's only showing calls that took place from 2/15 at 14:00 EST to 2/16 09:00 EST but this may reflect that both systems were rebooted around the time of the first call that shows up in the report. So I will wait another 24 hours and see if tomorrow's report correctly shows all call history for the period specified

Last edited:
If I run the recommendation and setup the call report for custom date and time, such as from 2/15 to 2/16, the call report looks correct and does show the correct calls within the date and time of the custom date/time specified.
Yes, because we can see similar bugs even in Cisco:
Reports for relative time of 'today' don't work after midnight UTC

When a report is run after midnight UTC (i.e. 4PM PST, 6PM CST) with a relative time of 'today' the report will be run for the following day rather than the current day. This results in the report being returned with no data.

Hi All

This is a confirmed bug with the "Today" filter - we have a fix for this and we guarantee it will be in SP4. 2-3 weeks time.

But for the time being, if you want to see the calls of TODAY, change the toggle to "Yesterday" until we ship the fix.

Another workaround is to get a client machine (your laptop for example) and change the timezone to be different from that of the server (even by 1 hour) and view the management console from that machine. If the timezone is not equal to that of the server, the call logs will show.

These are WORKAROUNDS to get your call logs until we make a fix.

Whoever wants the fix urgently and cannot wait 2 weeks send me a PM and I will help you.

Hi All

But for the time being, if you want to see the calls of TODAY, change the toggle to "Yesterday" until we ship the fix.

That doesn't work. It just shows me 2 days ago. It acts as if Today is yesterday so yeah that workaround isn't a workaround.

how would changing the toggle to "Yesterday" would solve the issue of showing today's log? is either kick it another day in the past

In that case use the second solution I gave you..
Get a laptop. If the server timezone is -5 for example, set the laptop to NOT -5 and see the call logs from that browser for the time being.

Reactions: Richard Flick
Is there not a fix we can apply before SP4? The "Yesterday" thing as Joe said does not work and setting my client in a different time zone did not work either. I have a customer that uses these logs to monitor incomming calls all day.

Is there not a fix we can apply before SP4? The "Yesterday" thing as Joe said does not work and setting my client in a different time zone did not work either. I have a customer that uses these logs to monitor incomming calls all day.

Im trying to help.
In a previous post I ended with this:

Whoever wants the fix urgently and cannot wait 2 weeks send me a PM and I will help you.

PM me and I will guide you. tell me if it is windows or linux.

Thanks for the help Genius, that does not change anything,. Maybe you should change your server timezone to EST, and see what you come up with. No FIX just BS from NONSupport @ 3CX

If you want a fix, I mentioned in another thread to PM me.

@jimbo59
@Greg S
@cjkoll
I believe you are referring to the Call Logs. The OP in this thread was referring to an issue with the Call Reports - 2 different things.
If this is the case, please update the relevant thread.

@Marco2018
Glad to hear it is good now. :)

@jhonku
2 questions as this can sometimes be confusing with timezones.
The actual server where 3CX is installed on, what timezone is the OS set to use? Also is it Linux or Windows? (if it's Linux you will have to SSH on to it to see this)
Then, the PC from which you logged into the Management Console to create the Report, what timezone was that PC set to?

Different Thing, but it's related to the same problem/bug....

how would changing the toggle to "Yesterday" would solve the issue of showing today's log? is either kick it another day in the past
You should also try custom with range set to few days in future(like 20-24)!
But the problem is that custom filter is missing on Edge.
ironically, above will only work in unsupported browser like IE:eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: nb
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.