Callus.js Triggers Google Ads Malicious Software warning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricksimnett

Customer
Joined
Aug 30, 2019
Messages
28
Reaction score
3
Hey everyone,
Im trying to get to the bottom of a problem Im having with my the 3cx callus.js on my website and Google Ads.

It appears that google ads is rejecting my ads because this module loads on my website. I cant for the life of me understand why. Seems straight forward enough its my chat for 3cx. But for some reason, they are telling me that this link "https://<domain obscured>/callus.js" is malicious software and as a result my ads cant run.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on with this? Is it a common issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rick
 
Hi Rick,


We have had 2-3 other reports about something similar to what you are getting, but Google Ads never gave details as to what exactly they are flagging as malicious.


The most strange thing is that this exact same callus.js file is used by thousands of other customers (including ourselves on our www.3cx.com site) and Google Ads has never given us any problems.


Which integration of Live Chat have you used, the WP Plugin or the 3CX Code Generator?
 
Hi Nick,
I am using the code generator version. I had the script directly embedded into my site code.

I was thinking maybe somehow the callus.js was compromised on my system, but I have no way of verifying if that is true or not... other than that I cant come up with a reason it would be flagged as malicious.

If there is a way to PM you - I would be happy to give you the link to our callus.js to review.

Thanks,
Rick
 
I am sure the callus.js file is fine, it is for some reason that we don't understand that in rare cases, Google Ads flags it as malicious.

Unfortunately we have contact Google Ads team to ask, but they explained that they cannot share with us the details WHY they are flagging it, because that way someone could work around their checks (which is waht we want to do, but not with malicious intent of course...).

We suspect that it may have something to do with the domain name and the trust ranking, but we can;t be sure.

I have a suggestion, could you try doing the Code Generator wizard again, but this time choose the CDN option?

I would be curious to hear if that changes something.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,149
Messages
590,965
Members
165,170
Latest member
SupportRock