Can not get Cisco 7940 to Register

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

I am having trouble getting my Cisco 7940 to register with the PBX. Here is the SIPDefault.cnf syntax I am using...

# SIP Default Generic Configuration File

# Image Version
image_version: P0S3-08-2-00

# Proxy Server
proxy1_address: 192.168.1.254 ; Can be dotted IP or FQDN

# Proxy Server Port (default - 5060)
proxy1_port: 5060

# Proxy Registration (0-disable (default), 1-enable)
proxy_register: 1

# Phone Registration Expiration [1-3932100 sec] (Default - 3600)
timer_register_expires: 3600

# Codec for media stream (g711ulaw (default), g711alaw, g729a)
preferred_codec: g711alaw

Here is the Syntax from the SIP000AB78D736A.cnf file:

# SIP Configuration Generic File

# Line 1 appearance
line1_name: Mike Bellini

# Line 1 Registration Authentication
line1_authname: 100

# Line 1 Registration Password
line1_password: password

The registration authentication name is the same as the Authentication ID in 3CX as is the password.

Any ideas?
 
I figured it out.

For future reference, the Line1_name: value in the SIP<MACAddress>.cnf file needs to match the Authentication ID in 3CX.

Simple. Great product. I just purchased a VoIP gateway from Grandstream so I will be playing with it a ton more next week. Thanks!

Mike
 
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. By the mentioned;
For future reference, the Line1_name: value in the SIP<MACAddress>.cnf file needs to match the Authentication ID in 3CX.
I assume you have solved your issue. Thanks for the tip, I hope all is plain sailing with the Grandstream. If anything just post here on the forums and I would gladly help anyway possible.
 
Cisco 7970 Phone

Has anyone got a Cisco 7970 or 7960 with the Universal Application Loader configuration working with 3CX?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,200
Messages
591,248
Members
165,261
Latest member
igorpopov