• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Carrier access code

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MAC, of any device, should only be involved if you use auto-provisioning. If you are having any issues with a new gateway, it might be a good idea, after doing a couple of back-ups (just to be on the safe side), to delete the gateway and install it again from scratch.

Ok so I did swap this afternoon while we where incredibly slow. I changed some settings >

wait for Dial-Tone (Y/N): ch1-8N; to > ch1-8:Y;
Stage Method (1/2): ch1-8:2; to > ch1-8:1;
Min Delay Before Dialing Out: ch1-8:500; to > ch1-8:100;

And now this afternoon I seem to be getting a dialing out issue. Any ideas any suggestions?

This morning you would dial and then just get a dial tone after you send or after you would dial.. Its coming down to where if we can't get this system fixed we are going to get rid of it. So far I have narrowed it down to the unsupported os that looks like it has some corrupt files. Not unless I am missing something here..?

Someone else , more familiar with your particular gateway, might want to chime in here...

The dialtone you were getting, after you "sent" was probably related to the Stage Method, the gateway was using. You want One Stage, as the gateway will seize DT then pass on the digits from 3CX. Wait for DT is not always necessary with modern digital switches. Other than a dead line, it's assumed that dialtone will be there by the time the handset reaches your ear on almost all PSTN switches. Delay before dialling should also not be crucial, but, there might be issues if it is set too short.

Check the 3CX log to see if the call is being passed to the gateway, if 3CX is having a problem doing that. If the gateway is not registered, and 3CX cannot pass a call to it, that would be the first thing to try to correct. To check out registration problems, power down the gateway, power up, then immediately check the 3CX log for errors, that might point to an IP or password datafill problem.

Thanks for your help so far everything.. As of right now everything is working smoothly. I don't understand what it is with this constant works fine then it doesn't..

The only issues I run into sometimes are..

You can't call long distance...

Sometimes no dial tone...

And other times you can't call out at all...

Sometimes when you can't call long distance it sounds like its stripping numbers but I tripled checked the outgoing calls.

but this is on and off here and there.. I still have no reinstalled 3cx and resetup the server that's my last suspect.. That something is corrupted but I am not sure to tell how or what. Nothing is showing in the windows 7 system logs nor the 3cx. Sometimes the 3cx system will report 503 982 or 892 unavailable but it doesn't always do that.

phonephone said:
Sometimes no dial tone...

This sounds like an issue with the set, as I said before the dialtone comes from the set, and ,usually only when registered. if it didn't register then the 3CX log should show that.

The other issues could be a registration issue (3CX wants all devices to re-register every 30 minutes or less), or it might still be a setting in the gateway. Once again the logs should show where a call is failing and it it involves any errors that 3CX detects.

I am glad that you have been making some progress. A couple of points with regard to the issues you have expressed -

The GXW4108 is a supported gateway and has been for quiet some time. There was likely no need to purchase another one. I suspect that the only thing needed may have been a firmware update. I am curious why you seemingly did not use the 3CX provided template to configure the gateway. I am also assuming that you are running V11.

I use both the 4104 and the 4108 quite frequently and they have proven to be very reliable. I have yet to have one fail and they work well. I also use Patton.....to be fair.

The 503 code is indicative that there is not an available line/port which could be related to how many calls that you have 3CX set to accommodate or the GXW and a posting of the log showing the error and how it arrived at that would be helpful.

Yes, Leejor is correct, you want single stage dialing. You do want to wait for the dial tone. The min delay before dialing is 100, but can be changed to accommodate the nuance of the line as needed.

The main issue is that you need to ensure that all the phone extensions you intend to use and all the ports for the GXW show to be registered (green) and that you have both inbound and outbound rules set correctly for the call handling you wish to employ.

Ok under extensions > and Authentication > then id

Some of the phones are using the same ids but different passwords.. Could this possibly cause long distance caller codes? As I'm finding out. It only tends to happen when there are so many people on the phone at once.

phonephone said:
As I'm finding out. It only tends to happen when there are so many people on the phone at once.

For this reason, it makes me suspicious that the issue is caused by one line on the gateway, that does not come into use until all others are busy.

So your saying this would be a gateway issue? or phone issue? Where would I look next? in the 3cx phone settings ? or in the gateway settings? or would this be a phone setting?

My first guess (and it is only a guess as I am not there to do any actual testing), would be one of the phone lines, or one of the gateway ports. It could very well be a wiring issue, such as the same phone line going to two ports on the gateway. I've seen stranger things happen.

My second guess would be the options that your provider has on one of the lines.

This does not mean that it isn't an incorrect option in 3CX (to do with that trunk group), or, an option in the gateway.

I don't suspect that it is a set/phone issue as you would have many more problems with other, internal calls, not just long distance.

As I said before, you may need to keep track (when it does happen), of what trunk the call was attempting to route out on. If there is a patten then you may be able to narrow it down to the PSTN line causing the issue.

So once I find it. what would my next step be? What would I replace? Is this like replacing a phone cord or would this be a provider issue?

Edit>

Ok After you told me about the gateway I went ahead and looked.

Ok so we have a different company for our security system. Its just strictly a phone line. However. I saw one line coming from our voip provider mctv > go into our gateway router then go into our sbc box. Is there any chance that could be wired wrong and giving us a incorrect signal?

I have been following the thread to some degree and I do not recall seeing an "SBC box" box mentioned. I assume SBC to mean Southern Bell. I have attached a simplified drawing. The Gateway is used to take analog phone lines (regardless of provider) and convert the analog signals into something usable across an Ethernet network for 3CX. If I understood your earlier indications, it sounds like you have lines being provided by MCTV (cable provider supplying business class phone service) and now possibly SBC also feeding the Gateway with analog phone lines. This is fine, but the SBC line might be the one that is configured for the code issue you raised. The easiest way to confirm is to get an analog phone, connect it to this line and make some local and long distance calls and see (hear) the results.

On outbound calls, the GXW will typically use a round robin approach to select what it sees as an unused line to make calls. As more calls are in progress, the fewer its options and therefore this may explain why you only notice the issue when the office is busy and using more of the lines.

Attachments

• Sample Setup.pdf
    144 KB · Views: 34
phonephone said:
So once I find it. what would my next step be? What would I replace? Is this like replacing a phone cord or would this be a provider issue?

Edit>

Ok After you told me about the gateway I went ahead and looked.

Ok so we have a different company for our security system. Its just strictly a phone line. However. I saw one line coming from our voip provider mctv > go into our gateway router then go into our sbc box. Is there any chance that could be wired wrong and giving us a incorrect signal?

What I would do (one line at a time)...unplug the gateway from the SBC box, plug in a regular telephone. Call someone that has caller ID (or your mobile phone), ask them what caller ID shows up. Write this down. Do al of the caller IDs "sync" with the four lines in the office hunt group", or does one line have a "different" number that belongs to something else?

Try a long distance call on each line too, they don't have to answer, just be sure it rings and you don't get a recording, etc.

Confirm that the phone cords go from the gateway to the SBC box and don't "get lost" in some inter-office wiring as the case may be if both devices are located in different rooms or on different floors. If that is the case then you may want to unplug the phone cords from the back of the gateway and plug them into a telephone (one at a time of course) to confirm exactly what the gateway is getting on each trunk.

Yes the sbc is for a completely different thing all the alarms and a few other numbers. what I found very interesting was the phone line coming from sbc went right into our voip provider box which is provided by mctv.

( IN OTHER WORDS IT LOOKS LIKE THE SBC WAS CROSSING WITH THE VOIP MCTV SERVICE.. THERE WHERE LINES CROSSED.)

SBC has nothing absolutely nothing to do with mtcv or voip. So I unplugged everything from sbc and we are strictly on our mctv voip service nothing is wired and nothing is connecting at all. so far this morning we have not had one dail out issue nor was I able to recreate the error last night. I will keep everyone posted.

Update >> I plugged analog phone right into the sbc box and was able to replicate the error. (carrier access)
However I have not been able to replicate the error on the voip provider at all... so I guess we will find out over the next few days.

Soooo if this does happen to be the problem whoever was wiring the security alarm, fire alarm, other phone numbers, mtcv voip or the sbc box made a mistake and crossed multiple lines..

Sorry, (as my last response indicates) I had it in my mind that the SBC service was the primary provider going into the gateway. It had been a while since I had read the initial posts.

leejor said:
Sorry, (as my last response indicates) I had it in my mind that the SBC service was the primary provider going into the gateway. It had been a while since I had read the initial posts.

No worries man. My english isn't the best.... I also just found out our at&t, southern bell, sbc or whoever it is now. isn't long distance.. At least every day by this time there would be at least one error. So far there hasn't.. So far I haven't been able to replicate any errors at all, except when I take a analog phone and tie directly into the at&t system that isn't a part of our voip system. that also explains why I could never create a error on the mctv voip using a analog phone.. soooooooo I am feeling pretty goood right now :)

I will keep everyone posted.

Still not one problem yet with dialing out. :)

weeks later and still not one issue dialing out. I would like to mark this as solved !!:) :D :D :D :D :D :D

still good :) How do I mark this as solved ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.