Solved Certificate error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdaeseleer

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Joined
Oct 24, 2019
Messages
32
Reaction score
11
Hello,

We have implemented the 'Microsoft Teams Direct Routing' feature last year. It has been working ever since. This week I tried to add a new user for sync. Suddenly I get the error:
  • Private key and certificate do not match. Upload the correct certificate and key

The direct routing still works, I am still getting calls on my Teams client from 3CX. I already rekeyed the certificate and generated new .pem files, but still getting this error in 3CX.
Anyone got an idea what is wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
Randy
 
Could you edit the private key with a text editor and check the very first line on the top? Does it say exactly this:
-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----

If not, could you tell me exactly what you see?
 
Thx Chris,

I checked my private key and it started with other text for the encryption and said --- BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
So I started checking the difference between with and without the RSA part.
After running the openssl command; openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -nocrypt -in privkey.pem -out privkeynew.pem , 3CX accepted my private key after this.
Don't know how this error started since 3CX accepted my 'faulty' key in the first place, but i'm glad it works now.

Thx!
Randy
Technica
 
I checked my private key and it started with other text for the encryption and said --- BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
So I started checking the difference between with and without the RSA part.
After running the openssl command; openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -nocrypt -in privkey.pem -out privkeynew.pem , 3CX accepted my private key after this.
Brilliant!

Don't know how this error started since 3CX accepted my 'faulty' key in the first place, but i'm glad it works now.
Not sure why this happened but do bear in mine that starting from v18 U3 it should also accept keys starting with
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- so this should no longer be an issue once U3 is released.

Feel free to start a new post should anything else come up!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.