Compatibility issue 3CX Live Chat & Talk WordPress and web browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_CDSS

Forum User
Joined
Oct 25, 2019
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I have recently installed the 3CX Live Chat & Talk plugin on the website of one of my client: https://soutien-scolaire.fr/
The configuration was working after some struggle setting up the Click2Talk URL in the plugin settings / 3cx account settings.

After several days of operation, users reported that the icon was available but disabled (no action on click).
So, we checked the configuration (OS and browser/version), the plugin is creating an error on Windows 7 and Internet explorer, Windows 10 and Edge (older versions) with callus.js:

12896

Could you please help?
I can share website credentials (official support) for further configuration if needed.
We don't want the phone service, just the talk module, and it is disabled.

It would be really nice to get the browser compatibility somewhere, do you have any compatibility table?

Also, if the 3CX Live Chat & Talk is not working correctly on old browser versions and OS, is there any alternative, for example to connect WP-Live Chat by 3CX to the 3CX client account?

Thank you.

Alex
 
Hello,

Thansk for your reply.
I have looked into the configurations in the 3CX Management Console and for the plugin.

All the required configurations are done, please find the screenshots in attachment.
Do you see any possible issue with the configuration?

If the error is not related to any browser/OS, how could you explain that the error is displayed in Edge and Internet explorer only (windows 10 and earlier version)?
Chrome, Firefox, Safari don't show that error in developer console.

Thank you for your help.
 

Attachments

  • Capture d’écran, le 2019-10-28 à 14.28.26.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2019-10-28 à 14.28.26.png
    286.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Capture d’écran, le 2019-10-28 à 14.28.11.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2019-10-28 à 14.28.11.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 19
Hi @Alex_CDSS ,

The problem is that you have specified the URL of your website using https:// in 3CX, however you access it via http:// (via https the chat seems to be loading fine on your site). I would suggest adding a permanent redirect from http:// to https:// not only for the plugin to be working but also for your website to be more secure. You already have an SSL installed so why not use it.
 
Hi,

Exactly, I configured the URL of the website with https in 3CX, because I do access it through https and not http. I'll add the redirect to force https. Thank you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
112,147
Messages
590,961
Members
165,167
Latest member
Finatra.us